Cross-device Compatible?

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So, I wonder if this watch, unlike Android ones, will be able to connect to several devices at once (like your iPhone and iPad, for instance), or at least make it easy to switch between the two and not lose data from the un-paired device.

I often find myself using my current watch on my phone all day, but when I come home, I use my tablet more than my phone... it'd be awesome if the watch could switch between the two or, even better, connect to the two.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Apple has done a great job at putting everything onto one platform and making it seamless. I don't see why you would need it to sync to an iPad but I'm sure certain features will work with an iPad.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
This would be nice for sure. Like the op, I am annoyed that Android wear only syncs to one device at a time

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When I'm at home, most of my music streaming and general browsing is done on the tablet. So if I can control music from afar with the watch, that would be awesome. Or if I get a notification, opening directly on the tablet instead of the phone.

But you're right, Apple is very good at keeping things cross-synced, so maybe the watch will be as well.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I guess the question would be, if they allow it, how would you switch devices? Would probably be annoying to manually switch each time. Would be cool if it could switch to the nearest device.

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, or to several at the same time or with a simple gesture or quick menu. Nearest devices wouldn't do it for me, probably, since I keep my phone in my pocket even when I'm not using it at home... But the tablet lies on the table while I'm cooking dinner and listening to music, for example. The phone is still with me, but what I want to control is on the table.

It's just wishful thinking, but yeah, Android Wear did screw it up on that regard. Hopefully Apple will be easier to at least switch devices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods