Wrist size and watch size - hard to match - opinions

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
I know I want the black sport. I'm not a big guy (5'8") and my wrist it what I would consider medium size.

I was thinking I wanted the 38mm watch because I didn't want the larger one to look funny. After doing a little research, I found that my wrist, being 200mm, will be maxing out the 38mm's largest band. I hate to think that I need to go with the 42mm just for the band.

I will be ordering as soon as online preorders start because I want it in day one, but will also be going into the store on day one to try it on because I'm excited.

If the 42mm doesn't look that weird being all big on my wrist, I would like to have the larger screen. The extra 50 isn't that big of a deal. I just don't want it to look like an iPod strapped to my wrist.

Is there anyone else, with a wrist close to the same size, who is struggling with the same question? What are you going to do?

Even if your not in the same situation, but have some good thoughts, please share.

Thanks, Cody

Here's the link to show the band sizes. https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...content/Watch_Sizing_Guide.pdf&token=OKhQc0Qr

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm 5'6" and getting the 42mm watch size. It has a better screen and will be easier for me to read. My wrist is around 170mm. I don't think you'd have any problem with the 42mm size if your wrist is 200mm around.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If I decide to get the watch it will be a 42. I'll definitely need the bigger screen for viewing. I don't think it will be too big but I do think the 38 could be too small for me.

From my iPhone

Helsinky

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking 38mm as well until watching Mac break one day. They had a 42mm cut out and laid it over the pebble and it was smaller. I've never had a problem with the pebble size.

blueyz628

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm a 5'10" female and I'm going with the 42mm. I had planned on going with the smaller one until I saw/used the cutout. It was a bit small and I knew I wouldn't be happy. Now I'm trying to justify getting the stainless instead of my original plan of getting the sport model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm 6'1 with a 190 mm wrist. I'll be getting the 42mm as well.

I initially considered the 38mm because I thought the 42mm would look too bulky but scrapped the idea for two reasons:

1. The 42mm is really not that much bigger than the 38mm when viewed on your wrist.

2. The band sizes will better fit my wrists without any fear of maxing out the sizes.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm stop making me second guess myself. I personally always felt the pebble was too big for me. I am a 5'3 female.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking 38mm as well until watching Mac break one day. They had a 42mm cut out and laid it over the pebble and it was smaller. I've never had a problem with the pebble size.

Which macbreak? I want to see that now. Thanks

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't like super huge watches, my current Seiko is about 36mm wide max. If I splurge on one, Ill go 38.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711