Does anyone else think the Watch is ugly?

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm always skeptical of new members who's second post is a long drawn out bash of a product thats not even on the market yet. I don't know it seams kind of like a trollish move to me ...

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Strange enough, I didn't have a thought about the design. Not before and not now. Either I'm going to get it or I'm not; the design doesn't matter much.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't think it's ugly at all. I obviously haven't seen one in person but judging by the pictures I've seen, I think it's a very nice looking accessory.

thebart

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm always skeptical of new members who's second post is a long drawn out bash of a product thats not even on the market yet. I don't know it seams kind of like a trollish move to me ...
I don't think you know what bashing is, if you think what I wrote is bashing. Bashing would involve phrases like "sheeple" "expensive crap" "is all marketing hype" "just copying Samsung" "tax dodger" "slave labor" etc etc. That's the kind of crap I read whenever the subject of Apple comes up on other forums.

But yeah it's obvious nobody bothered to read what i wrote. My bad for leading with a trigger title.

thebart

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
It's boxy like the first-gen iPad was boxy.

The second gen will be sleeker with better batter life, but you can't be among the first with the second gen. Trade-offs. Life is full of trade-offs.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
The iPhone 1 is thick and clunky compared to the iPhone 3, but not to the other phones at the time because there were no other phones like it at the time.

It's a little different when you are not first mover.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 1 is thick and clunky compared to the iPhone 3, but not to the other phones at the time because there were no other phones like it at the time.

So what's a good looking Smart Watch to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Well, a thinner watch is easier to hold and use and ... Oh wait, it's strapped to wrist. Well it should be lighter. I buy this to work out and holding a weight would ..umm...make it harder to work out and I wouldn't feel the burn. So yeah, it should be lighter. No wait, it should be round. That looks better even if the screen is square. A square in a round hole always works.

Oh heck with it. I can't afford it. Therefore it's ugly.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

The other watches are like hockey pucks on the wrist.

The only one that's nicer and lighter, IMHO, is the Pebble Time. I may go with that and skip a generation.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you know what bashing is, if you think what I wrote is bashing. Bashing would involve phrases like "sheeple" "expensive crap" "is all marketing hype" "just copying Samsung" "tax dodger" "slave labor" etc etc. That's the kind of crap I read whenever the subject of Apple comes up on other forums.

But yeah it's obvious nobody bothered to read what i wrote. My bad for leading with a trigger title.
On the contrary I know exactly what bashing is, I read your entire post, and I have a pretty keen eye for someone just trying to stir the pot.

PortCity79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
It looks good to me from the pics I have seen. I am sure some will love it and others will not like it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Ugly as sin. They could have at least pretended they were making a fashion accessory, and not a calculator watch from two decades ago

Posted via the iMore App for Android

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I could not read you first your entire post Op sorry, but to answer your question no I don't think it is ugly just not my style for a watch I think in another post I called it a chunky bar Hehe, but now I'm having second thoughts on it for the tech side of things. I think it would compliment my iP6 nicely and then My 6s Plus when its released. Thats right I'm going to go with the 6 plus i know I said in the past I would not, but hey.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner