Notifications from third party apps

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Just curious about how the watch will handle notifications from apps like whatsapp and Facebook messenger, do we get notified on the watch or this is something that only apps design for the watch will be able to do.. I ask because I rely on whatsapp but they are always soooo slow when it comes to updates and adding new features.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I believe the vendors will have to add the  Watch notification to their iPhone app first, otherwise the app won't know to send the notification to the watch.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
The way it works on Pebble has to do with the Notification center. If Pebble can do it on a 90 dollar watch, I see no reason Apple cannot do it on a watch that costs 4 times as much. If it doesn't just work out of the box, I would be very skeptical of the motivation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
The way it works on Pebble has to do with the Notification center. If Pebble can do it on a 90 dollar watch, I see no reason Apple cannot do it on a watch that costs 4 times as much. If it doesn't just work out of the box, I would be very skeptical of the motivation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess the watch will show everything that's on your Notification Center in your iPhone, as far as being able to reply from the watch that's something that needs to be updated for the watch

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73