Thanks for the app I can't delete

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Sooooooooo now I have an Apple watch app on my phone. That I will never use. That I don't want. That I can't delete.

First they put the worst album in the history of music with that Bono fella on my phone that I couldn't delete without and act of God and now this?

If they sent the watch that's one thing, but "hay! Here's an app you'll never use that you dont need! Yay you!"

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
It's not that bad.. Tuck it away in a folder and never deal with it again :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
No, not whining. At all really.

My bad for thinking I get to control what goes on my phone.

Thanks for the feedback on the bloatware though!

Last edited:

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

There are several apps that I will never use and that I can't delete- Stocks, Compass, newsstand. Just stick them in a folder and move on. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

You always have the option of selling the phone and using something else you can "control".

Seriously, just tuck the god damn app in a folder and forget about it like the rest of us have.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Send feedback to Apple.
You do know its there to haunt you until you buy a watch. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If this issue causes someone to have a conniption then some folks lead charmed lives.
I'm happy for a platform that offers me native apps to my heart's content.
Any core app I don't want I put in a folder.
And the album I've played a million times. Love that Bono fellow and his band. Thank you Apple for the free music!!!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
If you want to feel better about the few apps the are baked into iOS, buy an Android from one of the carriers and deal with all that bloatware. I have 6+ and a Note 4. The at&t Note 4 is LOADED with bloat that can't be deleted. Fortunately Android has a disable feature for many apps (not all), but the disabled app is still on the device. Android bloat is one of the reasons I now prefer iOS to Android.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

But you ARE clearly whining...A LOT. The album they added was easily deletable for those that wanted to, and this tiny little app can be put away in a folder where you'll never see it again if you so choose.

This isn't the catastrophe you're making it out to be...nor is it some insurmountable annoyance that Apple has stricken you with.

It's a small app...put it in a folder...move on with life.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know the size of the app? I think they should have made it come pre-installed but deletable like their productivity apps. However I just tuck it in a folder and never use it again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know the size of the app? I think they should have made it come pre-installed but deletable like their productivity apps. However I just tuck it in a folder and never use it again.
It can't be much. My storage capacity would have reflected it if it were huge. The biggest stock app we have is iBooks. It's only about 42 mb. All others are very small. I suspect the  app is very small.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh