Any Guys going with the 38mm??? Any Ladies going with the 42mm???

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I give you a like right out of the gate for your superior taste in avatars.

Don't call me a "lady" but I am a female and will not likely go 42. My current watch is I think 36mm edge to edge on the case and that's "perfect" I think size wise. I don't want anything tremendously larger. 38 is max. I may go check it out in person and see what I think. But I think the 38 will do just fine. Thankfully my eyes are great so the smaller screen will be readable and still discreet.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking that was not the question and you came here to troll.

as for the question; I'm inclined to go 38mm as well, provided I actually get the watch. As most I will pop in a store and try it on first.
I own an iPhone 6. Have owned a 5s, a 5, a 4S and a 4. And because I make a comment that some beloved piece of Apple equipment is too expensive, I'm trolling. Maybe you shouldn't be so closed-minded or quick to judge.

Have a wonderful day!

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I own an iPhone 6. Have owned a 5s, a 5, a 4S and a 4. And because I make a comment that some beloved piece of Apple equipment is too expensive, I'm trolling. Maybe you shouldn't be so closed-minded or quick to judge.

Have a wonderful day!

well you don't have to own a competing device to troll, don't think that's a prerequisite. If you want to comment on the price point of the watch and don't want people like me to call you out, perhaps do it in threads titled "how do you think about Watch pricing?" or "are you getting one?" or anything like that. This topic here specifically discusses a size issue, to which you clearly did not want to contribute. Hence my comment, that's all.

You have a wonderful day too. :yes:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Have a wonderful day!

Yeah but your post had nothing to do with the question. There have been a ton of threads on the cost of the Watch so why go into a thread asking about the sizes and post about the cost? It would be like me going into a thread on whose a better superhero Superman or Ironman and saying Marvel sucks because their comics are so expensive. The comment is so irrelevant to the question that it's kind of pointless.

Anyway I was thinking of going with the 38 when I first decided to get the Watch. It was all about looks for me I didn't care whether the screen would be slightly smaller. The watch would still do the things I wanted it to do. However when I saw some pictures of the 38 on wrists it looked too slender so I went with the 42. When I went to my try on session the decision was confirmed and I was happy that I went with that size.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Guy here. I went with the 38mm Sport. I have a smallish wrist and was very torn. Honestly couldn't be happier with this size. The 42mm wasn't too big, but this one really looks and feels right.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but your post had nothing to do with the question. There have been a ton of threads on the cost of the Watch so why go into a thread asking about the sizes and post about the cost? It would be like me going into a thread on whose a better superhero Superman or Ironman and saying Marvel sucks because their comics are so expensive. The comment is so irrelevant to the question that it's kind of pointless.

Anyway I was thinking of going with the 38 when I first decided to get the Watch. It was all about looks for me I didn't care whether the screen would be slightly smaller. The watch would still do the things I wanted it to do. However when I saw some pictures of the 38 on wrists it looked too slender so I went with the 42. When I went to my try on session the decision was confirmed and I was happy that I went with that size.

Captain America versus Iron Man would be a better example because they're both Marvel whereas Superman is DC. I'm kind of a Marvel nerd. :p

On topic, I have a large frame so I didn't hesitate to get the 42mm.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
well you don't have to own a competing device to troll, don't think that's a prerequisite. If you want to comment on the price point of the watch and don't want people like me to call you out, perhaps do it in threads titled "how do you think about Watch pricing?" or "are you getting one?" or anything like that. This topic here specifically discusses a size issue, to which you clearly did not want to contribute. Hence my comment, that's all.

You have a wonderful day too. :yes:

Ok, ok. I get the message. No harm meant. My apologies for getting off topic. But at the same time, you guys need to lighten up a little.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

As I told melbsteve, Ok, ok. I get the message. No harm meant. My apologies for getting off topic. But at the same time, you guys need to lighten up a little.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Captain America versus Iron Man would be a better example because they're both Marvel whereas Superman is DC. I'm kind of a Marvel nerd. :p

On topic, I have a large frame so I didn't hesitate to get the 42mm.
I purposely did DC vs Marvel because then me saying Marvel sucks would be like a DC fan not answering the question just stating bias. Huge Marvel fan also just got back into collecting ;)

As I told melbsteve, Ok, ok. I get the message. No harm meant. My apologies for getting off topic. But at the same time, you guys need to lighten up a little.

I didn't take any offense to your comment but I was just sort of explaining why people in the thread might see it as not contributing to the point of the thread.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I went with a 42mm - and I'm glad I did. I have average man wrists, and the watch was smaller than I thought it would be. I think a 38mm would look really strange on my wrist - and I would get decreased battery life too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2