Lines and Camping Out for the  Watch?

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, I'm not so sure a watch will attract people like the iPods and iPhones did just my opinion though, maybe the Apple must have people just because its Apple, and nope I never camped or waited in line for any Apple device so you wont see me out there.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I plan to preorder on the 10th, for delivery by the 24th. I'll visit the store on the 10th to play with it/look it over. So, yeah, I'm ordering sight unseen. Apple's attention to detail and quality build has never disappointed me, so I'm willing to take a minor risk here. It's unlikely Apple will ship it before I get home from the store, if I change my mind, so plenty of opportunity to cancel/order different item. I just don't want to miss out on getting one from the initial batch and have to wait weeks more if they run out.

therealmatt84

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I plan to preorder on the 10th, for delivery by the 24th. I'll visit the store on the 10th to play with it/look it over. So, yeah, I'm ordering sight unseen. Apple's attention to detail and quality build has never disappointed me, so I'm willing to take a minor risk here. It's unlikely Apple will ship it before I get home from the store, if I change my mind, so plenty of opportunity to cancel/order different item. I just don't want to miss out on getting one from the initial batch and have to wait weeks more if they run out.

Yeah I'll be doing the exact same thing. I'm pretty sure about the one I want and the size. The problem is, is that everyone seems to want the exact same one, black  sport watch.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I read on MSN news today that Apple is highly discouraging lines for anything they sell in the future beginning with the Apple Watch. This is why they are selling it by appointment in stores and online.

They want to be seen as a high class store and they feel that long lines did not give that impression.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I read on MSN news today that Apple is highly discouraging lines for anything they sell in the future beginning with the Apple Watch. This is why they are selling it by appointment in stores and online.

They want to be seen as a high class store and they feel that long lines did not give that impression.
I read that too. I am not sure I agree with that perceived impression. I suspect there is more to the story. From a business perspective, I personally find it odd to turn away walk-ins that can be converted to sales.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I suspect the appointment to buy for the watch is to assure buyers have an iPhone that will support the watch, and to prevent scalpers from draining the supply for Asian buyers, as has been a problem with iPhone releases for a few years now.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I suspect the appointment to buy for the watch is to assure buyers have an iPhone that will support the watch, and to prevent scalpers from draining the supply for Asian buyers, as has been a problem with iPhone releases for a few years now.
That's a good point, so I wonder would Apple be selling the Watch even to consumers without a compatible IPhone? If the answer is no, I think it would solve the perceived scalping issue. Furthermore, I think Apple would have plenty of compatible IPhones in stock should they need to sell them with the Watch.

Can another theory be that Apple suspects the demand for the Watch is lower than initial projection, so requiring an appointment is just a marketing tactic to drum up more interest?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2