Should I Accept

tyrelian

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My good friend and i have been talking about the watch since the announcement. We've been arguing back and forth over pebble and the new pebble that was announced this morning, she's a marketer and i'm in networking so we always have these form over function and marketing arguments. So after going back and forth this whole morning, she says "I'm going to buy you the watch!".

I'm dumbfounded, should I accept?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I would not take an expensive gift from a friend unless he/she is a "friend with benefits" and even then only if it's clear that it's simply an acceptance of a gift.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend gave me a Watch once. ONCE!!

757d343cc5fdd7191cc4292544eb455d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon8433722

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
If I was in your shoes, I would politely decline the offer.

1. You never want to dip your pen in the company ink.
  2. Expensive gifts are not commonly given out to co-workers in this manner. Seems quid pro quo is at hand.

When I go to the office, I do so to work. I earn a living and I am not out to make friends. If I happen to befriend someone, that's great. But they are work friends, and I put up boundaries. Will I spot them a $10 bill for lunch if they forgot? Yes. Will I buy them a watch made by Apple? No.

I may eat lunch alone and enjoy the company of solitude during my breaks, but it sure beats the complications associated with the personal lives and drama my co-workers seem to foster.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree, wamsille. I went to work to work. I didn't want the intrigue of office politics and socialization threatening my income source. Some jobs may mandate an ongoing social interaction as part of the job. Mine never did, so I avoided them.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I say go for it. Just make sure to tell her that she must be hallucinating if she thinks you're going to buy her an Watch

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
If you're asking the question here, you probably already know the idea is not a good one. ?If it's too good to be true, its probably a turd.? Trust your gut and don't try to put shine on the turd. Unless you are REALLY good friends and you have plans to reciprocate, this could turn out stinky for both of you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2