My Thoughts on Apple Watch and Price.

NewAgeVibe

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Many rumors online suggest that the 18k gold watch will be super expensive. I disagree. Apple is partly a mobile device company. It will produce a good number of watches in bulk for the average consumer.
I do agree it will be expensive. Most mobile devices usually caps at $850. Watches start at a few hundred to half that price. Apple is trying to make money off of technology that is only warranted for one year. If you know someone who actually buys a watch for $20,000, they won't want a smart watch, especially not one worth $5K only after they day you open it up and use it. Those people pay good money for mechanical watches.
But it's 18K gold! Yes, so what, the casing and buckle are 18K gold, but that's it. Besides, Apple never started it would be SOLID gold. Plus, it's better marketing to use fancy words, for their "meticulously hand crafted" watches.
Price, generally guessing like $349 basic sport at 38mm. $399 for the 42mm. Watch, standard steel, maybe $449 and $499. The golds for $549 and $599.
Pay attention to the words "custom alloys". Apple states two finishes: stainless steel and aluminum. Also, it states Apple has made "unique formulations" of 18-karat yellow and rose gold.
To recap: Apple wants to make money off of you, the average consumer. They are making electrical watches, that won't last for more than a year or two. The value will drop after you open the package. Translation? $5,000 watches don't make good business sense.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
why are you expressing your thoughts and speculating like that about something so abstract - you might as well be discussing whether the latest Louis Vuitton luggage range represents value for money or a good ROI. Geez.

Because we invite and encourage the free exchange of ideas and opinions in a safe and pleasant environment.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Man, I missed the fun! What did he say?

Oh, and I'm saving for an Apple Watch Sport. It's all I can afford.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73