Apple watch only for iPhones ?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a note 4 and liked the Apple watch from what I seen but curious if it requires an iPhone .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Watch does require a iPhone for certain functions. It won't work with a Note 4

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I would love the apple watch but I don't own an iPhone. Only an iPad. I like the apple watch more then what android offers

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Get a iPhooooone. Then your training will be compleeeet.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
"Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!"

I'd prefer that these watches were cross-platform. If they were, I'd have gotten an Android Wear watch before this, as I'm intrigued by Google Now pushing data to the watch based on location. I hope Apple does that.

But I'd have gotten an Apple Watch anyway. I like these things.

Till it comes out, I keep my old Pebble and wait...

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I'd prefer that these watches were cross-platform. If they were, I'd have gotten an Android Wear watch before this, as I'm intrigued by Google Now pushing data to the watch based on location. I hope Apple does that.

I like how the Pebble is cross platform, I have one myself, and I love to have the ability to switch OSes if needed and still have a watch. On the other hand, the Pebble is pretty limited in its functionality. If a company were to make a watch like the Moto 360 and have it be cross platform compatible, they would sell millions!

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I'd love to see what the next Pebble watches will be like because I'm sure they have something in the works to compete with all of the new smart watches

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I'd love to see what the next Pebble watches will be like because I'm sure they have something in the works to compete with all of the new smart watches

I think what pebble has in the works is shutting down. It's the exact same it was 2 years ago. Remember Palm? Yeah, me neither.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The big new thing is notifications and data being pushed out to a watch on the basis of information already gathered about you. So sports scores for your fave teams, weather warnings, event reminders, notifications to get off your bus at the right stop, etc., etc.

Google Now does that on the new Android Wear watches, and I think Siri will do that on the new Apple Watches.

It'd be nice if there were similar functionality on a cross-platform device.

Trouble is, the only people who can make it happen are the Googles and Apples of the world, and they're looking to lock down their ecosystems.

If Pebble can figure out a way to make this happen, that's their opening. Otherwise, they're doomed to be a historic curiosity - the company that showed we were ready for smartwatches, that made a good sum off it, but were left in the dust by the big players.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Tbh I prefer the apple watch but not enough to buy an iPhone over my note 4 . The iPhone 6 plus looks like a fantastic phone and I have no issues with iOS since the only reason I went to android at the time was the screen was to small at 3.5 inches with the iPhone 4 . I have paid apps with Google and if I decide to ditch them i really don't feel like leaving all those paid apps behind . I also quite like using the s pen on my device . I just wished these devices were cross platform since I would think Google and the company who decided to make the, be it LG Motorola or Samsung and Apple would make more money if they made it cross platform . One of the reasons why I will never buy that new Samsung smart watch with 3G networking inside is because your required to use Samsung devices with it and if I ever decide to get a phone not made by Samsung I have spent $400 on a paper weight

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73