will calories burned be based upon the HR Sensor or just guessimates
will the Apple Watch base its calories burned throughout the day or exercise on reading from the Heart Rate Sensor or just the amount of calories burned based on distance/speed etc like fitbit does.
- 09-30-2014, 06:43 PM #2
- 10-13-2014, 03:31 AM #3
- 10-15-2014, 06:52 AM #4
Re: will calories burned be based upon the HR Sensor or just guessimates
The Apple Watch will almost certainly use HRM data in determining your active calories, storing data in HealthKit and pairing directly to iOS apps via Bluetooth. I've used Bluetooth HRM chest straps since the 4S debuted and I'm looking forward to going strapless when the Apple Watch delivers.
No matter what hardware, app or service you use for activity/nutrition tracking, all rely on averages and estimates for caloric expenditure and consumption. The range of variables is massive. Heart rate data is key for better caloric expenditure estimation, as well as for establishing and staying within prescribed activity zones. So... Advantage Apple Watch.
- By Manny13840 in forum iPhone 6Replies: 13Last Post: 10-03-2014, 08:49 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 10-01-2014, 12:34 PM
- By nickf126 in forum iPhone 6Replies: 4Last Post: 10-01-2014, 09:09 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-01-2014, 09:09 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-30-2014, 02:30 PM