Which Apple Watch will you get?

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm going for the 42mm sport with black band. I'm venturing to guess that the sport will be the most popular due to its price.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I really want a Standard in Black, but not for $1,100. So I'm leaning toward either the Standard with Milanese Loop band, or the Standard with a leather band (either black or blue). Another part of me wants the Space Gray Sport with a black band, especially since it's nearly half the weight of the Standard (30g versus 50g), but there are two drawbacks: the price means that everyone will have it and the screen isn't sapphire, it's glass. Very strong glass, but still glass. Decisions, decisions.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Okay, at first I wanted the Sport in black. Then I discovered the steel came in black and I wanted that but the price made that dream impractical. So I'm planning on meeting in the middle with the large size steel Apple Watch with the light brown leather loop magnetic band. Yeah I won't be eating fish, which is my favorite dish, and I'll have lint in my pockets, in other words I'll be Erik B. and Rakim's song “Paid in Full” in reverse, but I'll have something I will enjoy. Life's too short to not enjoy.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You really want to spend that kind of money on the watch? Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I could sure. But I can't. So I'll probably get the  Watch with possibly the white band.

Not keen on the link band.

But if I had that kind of expendable cash sure.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Probably the sports one to replace my jawbone tracker. Not sure how it'll look lifting & running with a smart watch on still.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Which version will you get?

Wish I could afford the Edition but that's just not anywhere near my budget.

That being said I'm definitely gonna get one and I'm think I will get a standard version. As tempting as it is pre order it I think I will have to wait so I can see them in person 1st.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Wish I could afford the Edition but that's just not anywhere near my budget.

That being said I'm definitely gonna get one and I'm think I will get a standard version. As tempting as it is pre order it I think I will have to wait so I can see them in person 1st.

I plan on going to the store to see the various models on April 10th, then placing my preorder online. If I order the model with the white band, I can order the fashion bracelet as an accessory. The white band isn't available as a stand alone accessory in the online store. That way, I'll still get it on release day.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I kickstarted a Pebble Time! ;) (Plus I already own a Martian, Original Pebble, and a Moto 360)

gtg465x

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm in trigued as to the material the standard and the sport versions are made from.

I was led to believe that Sapphire glass would beat pretty much anything.

I gather that ion-strengthened glass is akin to Gorilla Glass and I am unsure of the toughness properties of aluminium versus steel in the case.

From the names, I would expect the Sport version to be tougher than the normal version but I just cannot find anything on the internet to confirm either way.

Gorilla Glass is a brand of ion-strengthened glass, so that's essentially what you're getting in the Watch Sport edition, though possibly a different brand. The sapphire crystal on the non-sport editions will be more scratch resistant. Most traditional watches above about $300 use sapphire crystal for this reason.

Also, 316L stainless steel is far more scratch and dent resistant than the aluminum in the Watch Sport edition. It even says right on the Apple website about the Watch edition "The case is crafted from a refined 316L stainless steel... It’s less susceptible to nicks and corrosion". This is why nearly all traditional watches are made from stainless steel and not aluminum.

The Watch Sport edition is not named the way it is because it will hold up better to sports and exercise activities. The stainless steel / sapphire Watch edition will hold up much better to anything you throw at it. In the traditional watch industry, the term "sport" is most commonly used to denote a cheaper price point and cheaper materials, because people feel more comfortable wearing cheaper watches when they are hiking, working out, or exercising. People don't want to use super expensive watches for those activities, even though they would hold up better.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget that the Sport model will be much lighter... Something of an advantage for someone that's going to run with their watch.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I immediately had thoughts of wanting the sapphire screen, but that's hardly worth double the sport watch. And I already couldn't care less about the metal part. Most likely, my wife and I will be sporting the cheapest one which in an un-apple like move, will have the same guts and features as the rest. If it's a choice between 349 and 599, then it's not really a choice at all. I'm not paying 599.

Exactly my point, I'll get the black sport 42mm at 399... not gonna spend more than 400 on this thing..

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I will be purchasing the sports version. I honestly will not know which size until I have the chance to see them in person. It looks gorgeous with the white band, which is probably which one I am going to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox