Apple Watch too expensive?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Would you pay $349 for the Apple Watch? Why or why not?

I would not. The watch does not look good at all, and I expected a lot more from apple with how they were claiming all those high end watch makers better watch out. The apple watch does not look as good as the moto 360 or even the new lg watch.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I would not. The watch does not look good at all, and I expected a lot more from apple with how they were claiming all those high end watch makers better watch out. The apple watch does not look as good as the moto 360 or even the new lg watch.

Yeah, it's not necessarily a leader in the looks department but it may win on implementation once it is released

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
If you are a Casio/Timex watch person, yes, the Watch is too expensive.

If you are a Rolex, Omega, Lum-Tec (my current fav) etc etc watch person, no, the Watch is cheap.

Just depends on what type of person you are when it comes to watches.
Not necessarily true. I own several Casio G Shock watches that cost 300 plus.

Espo

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Coming from someone who collects watches, $350 isn't expensive by any means. With that said, I will probably pick one up for myself and my fianc? since we work out quite a bit and it could be beneficial.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I think maybe apple will do something along the lines of the first iPhones, start off really pricey ($600) and drop it down to something more sane

rexalbel

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Is it worth the price? Absolutely. I'm sure all that tech crammed into such a small casing is not cheap. Is it worth it to me? No. I love watches. I don't have a good one get as I'm still in college and can't afford one that's more than 50 bucks lol, but I want a good watch. I'm not sold on the style of the face. I like the band options! That's awesome, but I'm pretty partial to circular watch faces.so the style isn't worth the 350. And as far as functions. I honestly only care If it shows the date, time,and activity info. Weather would be nice, particularly if it could actually tell me the temp around me, but this watch doesn't do that. Also, it's not even waterproof and it needs to be charged everyday, although a charging box may make it non noticeable. Overall I care about style watch functions, health functions and durability. This watch only fully delivers on 2 of those things. It's not uncommon for watches to be expensive. A 350$ watch is expensive but not ridiculous. Rolex's can cost 4000$ and I would not ever pay that for a watch. I would pay 350 but not for this watch, maybe gem 2 or 3. Honestly though, I'd have liked to see more of a combo of designs from both the iPhone 5 and 6. Those sharp lines edges would look KILLER on a watch mixed with some smooth corners AND a round watch face 😊 I should render one up when I have time 😊

dusty78

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Is it worth the price? Absolutely. I'm sure all that tech crammed into such a small casing is not cheap. Is it worth it to me? No. I love watches. I don't have a good one get as I'm still in college and can't afford one that's more than 50 bucks lol, but I want a good watch. I'm not sold on the style of the face. I like the band options! That's awesome, but I'm pretty partial to circular watch faces.so the style isn't worth the 350. And as far as functions. I honestly only care If it shows the date, time,and activity info. Weather would be nice, particularly if it could actually tell me the temp around me, but this watch doesn't do that. Also, it's not even waterproof and it needs to be charged everyday, although a charging box may make it non noticeable. Overall I care about style watch functions, health functions and durability. This watch only fully delivers on 2 of those things. It's not uncommon for watches to be expensive. A 350$ watch is expensive but not ridiculous. Rolex's can cost 4000$ and I would not ever pay that for a watch. I would pay 350 but not for this watch, maybe gem 2 or 3. Honestly though, I'd have liked to see more of a combo of designs from both the iPhone 5 and 6. Those sharp lines edges would look KILLER on a watch mixed with some smooth corners AND a round watch face 😊 I should render one up when I have time 😊

$4000 is really cheap for a Rolex. Your looking at $6-$20k on average.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would honestly only pay up to $600 MAX for an Apple Watch. I plan on it being about $450 for the  Watch Sport 42 mm (so the upgraded size) but that's just a guess from me.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I think that the screen increases will only be about $50 more, so I hope to only shell out $550 for a steel 42

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I think that the screen increases will only be about $50 more, so I hope to only shell out $550 for a steel 42

Thats what I was thinking, but maybe the "Apple Tax" will kick in and it will be $100 for a screen size upgrade. I am planning on $500 after tax and everything for the  Watch Sport 42 MM with the Space Gray Aluminum.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Unless its waterproof it's not even an option for me. I wear my watch everywhere and have for so many years, I would definitely ruin it if it's not waterproof. Price wise I'm hoping no more than 350 or so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh