Apple Watch too expensive?

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll stick with my pebble for now. Only functions I value right now with my smart watch is the ability to feel and read all notifications. Also being able to control my music control.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'll stick with my pebble for now. Only functions I value right now with my smart watch is the ability to feel and read all notifications. Also being able to control my music control.

Yeah, if I had a Pebble I'd probably hold off but I held off purchasing one to see if Apple would release a smart watch

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, if I had a Pebble I'd probably hold off but I held off purchasing one to see if Apple would release a smart watch

I bet a lot held out as well waiting for apple. I think the major benefit the pebble has over the apple watch is the battery life. For what the apple watch is able to do I doubt they will get it past 1-2 days. My pebble lasts me 5-7 days and I use it daily.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
To some people, its price is expensive, but to others, it is not. I suppose it depends on your salary and/or desire to get one of the watches.

I could afford one easily and honestly want one. But, battery life needs to be better. I can easily be away from an electric plug for almost 18 hours at a time. I can't have my watch die on me in the middle of work. And you know when a spokeman says a full day it's unlikely they mean 24 hrs.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I bet a lot held out as well waiting for apple. I think the major benefit the pebble has over the apple watch is the battery life. For what the apple watch is able to do I doubt they will get it past 1-2 days. My pebble lasts me 5-7 days and I use it daily.

Very true, if they can get closer to the 2 day mark I'll be happy

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I purchased one of my friends a watch for either last Christmas or his birthday. A nice looking watch. Only cost around 20.00.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB

cashmonee

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking $350 will be the model no one wants. After you get the version you want, with the band you want, I imagine you are looking in the range of $500, maybe more. I was hoping it would match the ability of my Garmin fenix 2. If it had, I'd be willing to go $50-$100 more than what I paid for that, which puts me close to the projected prices of the Apple Watch. Unfortunately, with it having to be tethered to the phone (and hence, pretty reliant on cell service), not waterproof, and likely only a day of battery life, I just don't think it's in the cards for me this time around.

Further, when thinking about what the watch does, it may be difficult for Apple to convince a lot of people that it had $500 worth of value. To me, the activity stuff is too far behind it's dedicated competition (Polar, Garmin, and Suunto) to be taken seriously. That leaves you mostly with notifications. That's a tough sell.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
For those that almost pulled the trigger and bought a Wrist device but somehow waited it out knowing that Apple would someday get on the bandwagon are gonna be the core buying crowd for the Apple Watch which will include me

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
For those that almost pulled the trigger and bought a Wrist device but somehow waited it out knowing that Apple would someday get on the bandwagon are gonna be the core buying crowd for the Apple Watch which will include me

....and me...SMILE

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I think the price is where it should be. If it was any cheaper I wouldn't buy it.

Low price equals low quality cut corners type of product. Apple worked hard using high end material to make an elegant watch and the price will keep it off the wrists of the school bus crowd because that will make it look even cheaper

Or is that what they want you to think. Psychological pricing is a powerful and common strategy employed by many companies.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I won't be getting one, but it's mainly due to my eyesight. I just ordered the iPhone 6 because I can barely see my Blackberry screen, a watch would be a complete waste on me.

Art H

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm not crazy about the design and I come from the mindset that a watch should be something mechanical. I have great disdain for quartz watches. I do however like what Lenovo did with the Motorola 360. Having said that, I'll probably end up purchasing several before the second generation comes out. It's definitely not a "great" product now. But it's a fascinating product that will take the smart watch in a new direction. I believe this watch changes the game because it will be widely accepted despite it's current limitations. So there will be a lot of forward momentum in development and engineering for future itirations.

Last edited:

michikade

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I want one, but the chances of me getting one are pretty slim within the first several months of launch. Maybe I'll get it for myself for Christmas 2015 or something, or maybe I'll wait until Watch 2 comes out.

I have an absolutely stunning, automatic mechanism (self-winding analog) watch that I rarely wear. I'm not sure I'd realistically wear a gadget I have to charge everyday. Not to mention habit has dictated that even if I wear a watch I still usually check the time via my mobile lock screen, hahaha. The features are great and it would be a runner's godsend IF it'd track you without being within X distance of the phone itself.

Sent from my gracefully aging iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73