iWatch to have bad battery life?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
According to Apple employees, one of the disadvantages of the iWatch will be bad battery life.

I guess we'll find out for sure in four days! The longest 4 days of my life! :)

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt any Apple employee is allowed to say anything about Apple's wearables. Anything you've heard or read is likely a rumour, and not a very smart rumour considering we know almost nothing about the watch that Apple may or may not announce.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Whatever we say right now about an unveiled device is mostly speculation so, like you said, we won't know for sure until Apple shows their new devices and better yet after people try it out, not long now :)

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't believe the Apple Watch will have any stunning battery life. It'll drain after a day of use. So does my iPhone. I actually think the phones will drain faster now too, since they'll be tethered (via Bluetooth?).

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe the Apple Watch will have any stunning battery life. It'll drain after a day of use. So does my iPhone. I actually think the phones will drain faster now too, since they'll be tethered (via Bluetooth?).

You'll only lose a few percent of battery life because of the tether, Bluetooth 4.0 is very efficient

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You'll only lose a few percent of battery life because of the tether, Bluetooth 4.0 is very efficient

Mmm...my experience with Pebble and other BT LE advices tells me otherwise. Much more significant in my experience. Time will tell.

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I honestly must have my head on wrong or something. But, if I was designing a smart watch the first thing I would make a priority would be battery life. I really don't want another device to plug in every night and have it ready for the next day.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I honestly must have my head on wrong or something. But, if I was designing a smart watch the first thing I would make a priority would be battery life. I really don't want another device to plug in every night and have it ready for the next day.

I tend to agree, but we may be in the minority. I would choose a low resolution B&W display if it meant 1+ week of battery life. However, the majority of people may choose a hi-res full colour display as long as they can get an entire day out of the battery followed by a quick charge.

I'd be happy with sometime in between, but if the current crop of smart watches is any indication, a full colour screen is going to result in poor battery life.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
It looks to be 1 day, but that doesn't bother me. Wish it was like my Pebble's battery, but the Apple Watch will do much more than my Pebble ever will. It's a tradeoff :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner