IWatch Pricing Points

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I feel that the iWatch is soon to be a reality but I'm not sure what the price might be

The Pebble just went on sale and knowing Apple and there Quality standards I can see it coming in on the high side of the wearable price point

What would be an exceptable price you would pay for an Apple Wearable?

I'm willing to pay in the range of two Hundred dollars for an elegant Aluminum and Leather Wrist Tech if the usability is useful enough

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd pay $200 for it too but the likelihood is that if it's $200 in the US then it will be at least ?200 in the UK, which would put it at the equivalent of $335 at today's rates. I wouldn't pay that.

The Samsung Gear 2 is ?300 in the UK and I wouldn't even pay a third of the price for that monstrosity. I can see the iWatch being even higher than that in the UK, if your reasonable hypothesis of it coming in on the high side of premium is true.

EDIT: Might also say that if it has a round dial and is relatively thin then I would be willing to pay more than if it had a square dial. I just don't like square watches.

AlexJ92

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I can see it being approximately ?329 in the UK. But I would pay up to ?269 for the Iwatch when released

Sent from my iPhone 5S

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd pay $200 for it too but the likelihood is that if it's $200 in the US then it will be at least ?200 in the UK, which would put it at the equivalent of $335 at today's rates. I wouldn't pay that.

The Samsung Gear 2 is ?300 in the UK and I wouldn't even pay a third of the price for that monstrosity. I can see the iWatch being even higher than that in the UK, if your reasonable hypothesis of it coming in on the high side of premium is true.

EDIT: Might also say that if it has a round dial and is relatively thin then I would be willing to pay more than if it had a square dial. I just don't like square watches.

I agree the round face would be the best

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to think that Apple will price its product similarly to its competitors. Their bread and butter is still the MacBook, iPhone and iPad, in my opinion...:)