This might be why you buy an iWatch

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ever since the iWatch rumor began I wondered about whether Apple would actually do it. I tried to think of what an iWatch would do that would make it necessary. In order to make it Apple will need to sell it in large qauntities for it to be worthwhile. It most likely will be expensive since Apple doesn't do cheap so again why would anyone pay for it. Then today I started to think about a few things and I had an epiphany of sorts. Well at the least a very plausible idea I think. The one thing I always though is the iWatch has to do something that will save the user battery life on their iPhone or iPad. It also has to be something that goes beyond what their iPhone or iPad already does. An example being able to control the music player is not something that would make people spend a large sum of money for an iWatch. Then I thought what is one of the drawbacks to Siri? The activation method, holding down the home button, Siri would be much more fun, natural if you could just call out "Siri". But having the iPhone or iPad always listening burns up battery power. You probably already see where I'm going with this now. What if one of the big features of the iWatch is that it's always listening? It uses less power and does less than an iPhone or iPad. So if when linked you could just say Siri and the watch would activate Siri and you could ask/schedule/call etc. Would that be something that would make people willing to buy the iWatch? I'm still kind of iffy on it but that's just me though as an additional feature it would make me salivate for it. It would be like the iPhone 4 compared to the 4s in terms of not having Siri. Once you use it not having it just didn't feel right and you want to have it.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
A iWatch would be interesting to see but I wouldn't buy it. Just not into watches like I used to be.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Wow Ipheuria dead on with that prediction!! Yeah I never use Siri on my phone but will likely become a Siri convert once the Apple Watch is on my wrist. It will be awesome to dictate notes, ask for directions and make appointments and set alarms all with my phone snug in its pouch and without having to type on a screen! :) Plus for those for whom typing on a phone screen is really difficult (i.e. visually impaired folks and those with muscle coordination issues) the Siri/Apple Watch integration will be a godsend.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Wow Ipheuria dead on with that prediction!! Yeah I never use Siri on my phone but will likely become a Siri convert once the Apple Watch is on my wrist. It will be awesome to dictate notes, ask for directions and make appointments and set alarms all with my phone snug in its pouch and without having to type on a screen! :) Plus for those for whom typing on a phone screen is really difficult (i.e. visually impaired folks and those with muscle coordination issues) the Siri/Apple Watch integration will be a godsend.
I agree, Siri should and will play a large part in the way communication goes, the same way Android Wear and the Samsung watches have been doing. For me, my order preference of communication with any mobile device including the smartwatch is voice, motion, touch (swipe or tap), and then hardware (digital crown). The challenge of SVoice has always been accuracy and efficiency, so I am looking forward to what Apple has to offer.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
My biggest problem with it is that it'll take too long to get what you need out of it. Other than the glanceable notifications that is. To open an app looks like it'll take some turning the crown, zooming, etc. Anything that take more than a few seconds you may as well pull the iphone out. Siri could be helpful here..

The battery is also a concern. Now I'm hearing that Apple doesn't really want using it for more than 10 seconds at a time. And this low power mode. Those just indicate to me that battery life is a concern to them as well. At this point, I wouldn't worry about having to charge it every night. The main worry is even getting 8 to 12 hours out of it. So an always listening Siri? Maybe if your iphone is helping in that regard or something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox