Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By JustMe'D
  • 1 Post By Chris Parsons
  • 1 Post By bigdad84
  • 1 Post By rayz336
  • 1 Post By iOS Gravity
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Pebble or wait for iwatch

Hey Guys
    Need a small help from all of you. I am having iphone 5 running iOS 7 and looking for smartwatch. I really like Pebble a lot. My question is should I wait for I watch to launch or can I buy pebble

Is pebble worthy enough to work with iPhone 5. I need to order one from best buy Canada which will take 2 months time to reach me as I am currently in South Africa. Will I watch be launched during that 2 months or should I go with pebble

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    20,956 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

My initial advice would be to go with what is currently available - The Pebble Watch. We have no idea when or if Apple will introduce an "iWatch".
    Thanked by:
    soodmanhar (11-21-2013)
    Super Moderator

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Ya, the iWatch at this point is a myth. It may prove otherwise later but if you really want a smartwatch now grab yourself a Pebble. Android Central recently did a great write up on the Pebble which includes comments from one of our iMore writers as well, you might like to read it - Roundtable: Pebble Smartwatch | Android Central
    Chris Parsons
    Twitter: @Bla1ze

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry ]
    Thanked by:
    soodmanhar (11-24-2013)
    soodmanhar likes this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parsons View Post
    Ya, the iWatch at this point is a myth. It may prove otherwise later but if you really want a smartwatch now grab yourself a Pebble. Android Central recently did a great write up on the Pebble which includes comments from one of our iMore writers as well, you might like to read it - Roundtable: Pebble Smartwatch | Android Central
    Thanks
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I had an AT&T gift card that I needed to spend. So I sprang for a Pebble. I highly recommend it! Will definitely tie me over until an iWatch, or something wearable that is Apple made, is released.
    Motorola Razr V3A > LG Scoop > LG Tritan > Blackberry Curve 8530 > Blackberry Tour 9630 > HTC Hero > Blackberry Torch 9800 > iPhone 4s > iPhone 5 > iPhone 5s

BlackBerry PlayBook > The New iPad (iPad 3) > iPad Air
    soodmanhar likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I bought one and honestly can say, I cannot live without my smart watch and my iPhone 5S!
    Thanked by:
    soodmanhar (12-17-2013)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

I had a pebble for about 2 days and just didnt find it reliable enough. Then again, they released the software upgrade that enables all notifications in iOS7 just a few days after I returned it, so it might be better now. Im waiting on better offerings for now.

Love mine. Works great especially when you don't want to or can't grab your phone.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Finally ordered mine on Black Friday. As I live outside of the US, that discount and free shipping was too hard to resist. Waiting for it to deliver.

Global Posts
    3,030 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    Finally ordered mine on Black Friday. As I live outside of the US, that discount and free shipping was too hard to resist. Waiting for it to deliver.
    Enjoy it- its really awesome!

Global Posts
    2,706 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'd take the Pebble for now as we're not 100% sure an "iWatch" will see the light of day
    Speedygi likes this.

If Samsung made a smart watch, Apple is likely to follow. But that's just my opinion.
    T.
    Ambassador @ iMore

"With great power, comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben
    Spencerdl likes this.

I've been looking at the Pebble watch ever since I got my iphone. I think I'm going to put that on my wish list...SMILE

Global Posts
    2,706 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I've been looking at the Pebble watch ever since I got my iphone. I think I'm going to put that on my wish list...SMILE
    I want one as well!

Global Posts
    3,030 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have been happy with mine.

Amazon and BestBuy have them on sale for $119. Just checked for availabilty and all Bestbuy in my area have them in stock. The $119 is the lowest price I've seen. Has anyone else seen a lower price?

Global Posts
    2,706 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Amazon and BestBuy have them on sale for $119. Just checked for availabilty and all Bestbuy in my area have them in stock. The $119 is the lowest price I've seen. Has anyone else seen a lower price?
    I haven't seen a lower price than that in recent memory
    Thanked by:
    Spencerdl (12-18-2013)
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    958 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soodmanhar View Post
    Hey Guys
    Need a small help from all of you. I am having iphone 5 running iOS 7 and looking for smartwatch. I really like Pebble a lot. My question is should I wait for I watch to launch or can I buy pebble

Is pebble worthy enough to work with iPhone 5. I need to order one from best buy Canada which will take 2 months time to reach me as I am currently in South Africa. Will I watch be launched during that 2 months or should I go with pebble

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app
    Get whatever you want
    " Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that , who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!"

Ok I just picked up the PebbleWatch from BestBuy, does anyone know which PebbleWatch App is the BEST?? There are about TEN of them

Global Posts
    3,030 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Download the one by the pebble people. It's free. Also download my pebble faces. Also free and you can get a ton of diff faces. I paid for smart watch + but found it unreliable.
    Thanked by:
    Spencerdl (12-16-2013)

Thanks for the info, downloading now
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    Did you get the watch
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

I'm feeling the same way as alot of others here.

I was, yes foolishly, hoping for an iwatch to be announced at wwdc. Maybe it was eluded to, with the HealthBook and increased integration across apps, etc. I said to myself that if I was still left unsure if the iWatch is more than a rumor, I would buy a Pebble; but the only thing stopping me from getting one was the lack of Endomondo support. Now, Endomondo supports the Pebble. So it's becoming a little bit clearer as to which way I'm going to go, but I'm still a little reluctant to pull the trigger on a Pebble.
    No one cares what phones/computers/tablets you are using, or in which order you got them.... so stop listing.