Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By Just_Me_D
  • 1 Post By Chris Parsons
  • 1 Post By bigdad84
  • 1 Post By JeevesVic
  • 1 Post By rayz336
  • 1 Post By iOS Gravity
  • 1 Post By rayz336
  • 1 Post By phreddyl
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    soodmanhar's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    47 Posts

    Default Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Hey Guys
    Need a small help from all of you. I am having iphone 5 running iOS 7 and looking for smartwatch. I really like Pebble a lot. My question is should I wait for I watch to launch or can I buy pebble

    Is pebble worthy enough to work with iPhone 5. I need to order one from best buy Canada which will take 2 months time to reach me as I am currently in South Africa. Will I watch be launched during that 2 months or should I go with pebble

    Thanks

    Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    My initial advice would be to go with what is currently available - The Pebble Watch. We have no idea when or if Apple will introduce an "iWatch".
  3. #3  
    Chris Parsons's Avatar
    Super Moderator

    Posts
    436 Posts
    Global Posts
    569 Global Posts

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Ya, the iWatch at this point is a myth. It may prove otherwise later but if you really want a smartwatch now grab yourself a Pebble. Android Central recently did a great write up on the Pebble which includes comments from one of our iMore writers as well, you might like to read it - Roundtable: Pebble Smartwatch | Android Central
    soodmanhar likes this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    soodmanhar's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    47 Posts

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parsons View Post
    Ya, the iWatch at this point is a myth. It may prove otherwise later but if you really want a smartwatch now grab yourself a Pebble. Android Central recently did a great write up on the Pebble which includes comments from one of our iMore writers as well, you might like to read it - Roundtable: Pebble Smartwatch | Android Central
    Thanks
  5. #5  
    bigdad84's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    219 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    I had an AT&T gift card that I needed to spend. So I sprang for a Pebble. I highly recommend it! Will definitely tie me over until an iWatch, or something wearable that is Apple made, is released.
    soodmanhar likes this.
  6. #6  
    JeevesVic's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    104 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    I bought one and honestly can say, I cannot live without my smart watch and my iPhone 5S!
    soodmanhar likes this.
  7. #7  
    jasonprice's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    I had a pebble for about 2 days and just didnt find it reliable enough. Then again, they released the software upgrade that enables all notifications in iOS7 just a few days after I returned it, so it might be better now. Im waiting on better offerings for now.
  8. #8  
    zerog46's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,496 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,486 Global Posts

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Love mine. Works great especially when you don't want to or can't grab your phone.
  9. #9  
    abazigal's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Finally ordered mine on Black Friday. As I live outside of the US, that discount and free shipping was too hard to resist. Waiting for it to deliver.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    Finally ordered mine on Black Friday. As I live outside of the US, that discount and free shipping was too hard to resist. Waiting for it to deliver.
    Enjoy it- its really awesome!
  11. #11  
    rayz336's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,652 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,862 Global Posts

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    I'd take the Pebble for now as we're not 100% sure an "iWatch" will see the light of day
    Speedygi likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    If Samsung made a smart watch, Apple is likely to follow. But that's just my opinion.
    Spencerdl likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    I've been looking at the Pebble watch ever since I got my iphone. I think I'm going to put that on my wish list...SMILE
  14. #14  
    rayz336's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,652 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,862 Global Posts

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    I've been looking at the Pebble watch ever since I got my iphone. I think I'm going to put that on my wish list...SMILE
    I want one as well!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    I have been happy with mine.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Amazon and BestBuy have them on sale for $119. Just checked for availabilty and all Bestbuy in my area have them in stock. The $119 is the lowest price I've seen. Has anyone else seen a lower price?
  17. #17  
    rayz336's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,652 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,862 Global Posts

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    Amazon and BestBuy have them on sale for $119. Just checked for availabilty and all Bestbuy in my area have them in stock. The $119 is the lowest price I've seen. Has anyone else seen a lower price?
    I haven't seen a lower price than that in recent memory
    Spencerdl likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by soodmanhar View Post
    Hey Guys
    Need a small help from all of you. I am having iphone 5 running iOS 7 and looking for smartwatch. I really like Pebble a lot. My question is should I wait for I watch to launch or can I buy pebble

    Is pebble worthy enough to work with iPhone 5. I need to order one from best buy Canada which will take 2 months time to reach me as I am currently in South Africa. Will I watch be launched during that 2 months or should I go with pebble

    Thanks

    Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app
    Get whatever you want
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Ok I just picked up the PebbleWatch from BestBuy, does anyone know which PebbleWatch App is the BEST?? There are about TEN of them
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Download the one by the pebble people. It's free. Also download my pebble faces. Also free and you can get a ton of diff faces. I paid for smart watch + but found it unreliable.
    Spencerdl likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Thanks for the info, downloading now
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  
    soodmanhar's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    47 Posts

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    Finally ordered mine on Black Friday. As I live outside of the US, that discount and free shipping was too hard to resist. Waiting for it to deliver.
    Did you get the watch
  23. #23  
    saynt j's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

    Default Re: Pebble or wait for iwatch

    I'm feeling the same way as alot of others here.

    I was, yes foolishly, hoping for an iwatch to be announced at wwdc. Maybe it was eluded to, with the HealthBook and increased integration across apps, etc. I said to myself that if I was still left unsure if the iWatch is more than a rumor, I would buy a Pebble; but the only thing stopping me from getting one was the lack of Endomondo support. Now, Endomondo supports the Pebble. So it's becoming a little bit clearer as to which way I'm going to go, but I'm still a little reluctant to pull the trigger on a Pebble.

Similar Threads

  1. Send YouTube videos to your Xbox One from your iPhone or iPad
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 07:10 AM

Posting Permissions