watchOS 3.2 Auto Unlock Mac new sound and haptic feedback vibration?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that the update released today makes the Watch have a new vibration and sound when Auto Unlock is enabled for the Mac and Watch? It'll take me a while to get used to I think.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Ya it works but not sure we need all the "Fluff" to notify you that the Mac is unlocked. The sounds is barely heard anyways.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The only think I noticed was that Unlock with iPhone no longer works. I even tried a total watch reset without restoring from backup, and it still will not work.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Using the Watch to unlock your Mac need Two-Factor authentication, right? Not all my gear supports it and it was a bag o' hurt trying to figure that out.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
The only think I noticed was that Unlock with iPhone no longer works. I even tried a total watch reset without restoring from backup, and it still will not work.

Do you mean unlock your watch by unlocking your iPhone no longer works? I can't check that for myself because I haven't updated software yet.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Do you mean unlock your watch by unlocking your iPhone no longer works?

It seems to be working now. I had received the watch OS update before receiving the new iOS 10.3.2 beta 1. Could of been a coincidence, but not sure since I did hard reset my iPhone after factory resetting my watch after the watch OS update. It's working now, so all is good!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Odd... I guess I have been on the betas for so long that I didn't notice the unlock vibration was different.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234