Updating to watchOS 3.2.2 as I type...

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Anybody else going in?

iOS 10.3.2 is needed first.

I'll do one Watch now and the rest tonight. It's a slow update for me, low bandwidth and all.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I learned my lesson last time: I'll do this later tonight or tomorrow night, when I can be without my watch for the hour or so I need to plug it in during the update.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I learned my lesson last time: I'll do this later tonight or tomorrow night, when I can be without my watch for the hour or so I need to plug it in during the update.

Yes, it does take a while! And has to be on a charger so might as well just set it up to update overnight.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
The Update process is two parts (after updating iOS)— from the Mother Ship to the phone, and from the phone to the Watch.

From the Mother Ship to the Watch took less then 10 min and that's with slow bandwidth. From the phone to my AWS2 took 30 min. I'm guessing the AWs will take longer.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
The Update process is two parts (after updating iOS)— from the Mother Ship to the phone, and from the phone to the Watch.

From the Mother Ship to the Watch took less then 10 min and that's with slow bandwidth. From the phone to my AWS2 took 30 min. I'm guessing the AWs will take longer.

Updating the watch always takes a longer time. If the watch OS is from eg. 3.2.X to 3.3, will take even longer.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Updating the watch always takes a longer time. If the watch OS is from eg. 3.2.X to 3.3, will take even longer.

Of course it will. These .x.x Updates are small and seldom if ever contain firmware updates. If you think an .x.x to .x update takes longer, wait until there's a X.x to X.0 update.

Waiting for wOS4.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Of course it will. These .x.x Updates are small and seldom if ever contain firmware updates. If you think an .x.x to .x update takes longer, wait until there's a X.x to X.0 update.

Waiting for wOS4.

That's true. OS 4 will take an even longer time to update, but the good things about these new versions is that updates are pretty significant.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I got my three AWs updated and they did so faster than my AWS2. I attribute that to less traffic at the Update Trough.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW