Series 2 on Sale

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm dancing on the fence!

There are several options here, the main three being:

1) Get an S1 at Target with $70 off (I think) and a $100 gift card
2) Get a Nike+ for $70 off
3) Wait until the next Watch is announced and get it or a discounted 'last year's model'.

But I really do want a Nike+... I just don't want to slip up with one foot on either side of the fence.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm dancing on the fence!

There are several options here, the main three being:

1) Get an S1 at Target with $70 off (I think) and a $100 gift card
2) Get a Nike+ for $70 off
3) Wait until the next Watch is announced and get it or a discounted 'last year's model'.

But I really do want a Nike+... I just don't want to slip up with one foot on either side of the fence.

I would get the Nike+. I can say that because I just did two weeks ago and I can honestly say that I don't see anything coming in the next generation that would make me regret my purchase. I might not feel the same if I had gone S1 at this point in the cycle.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I don't see anything coming in the next generation that would make me regret my purchase.

True, but nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

I don't know what S3 will bring or if it will matter to me. For me, the S1 would have been fine and saved me money over the S2 I have. I've yet to use its GPS or waterproofness. If the S3 has cellular data or LTE, that might make it a must have upgrade for me.

The Nike+ is different though because I really like those two unique Watch faces. Maybe I'll get one. I should off one of my AWs as it's a Gold Al same as my S2. No need for duplicate colors.

Maybe I'll check out Best Buy today. It couldn't hurt to look, right?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
True, but nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

I don't know what S3 will bring or if it will matter to me. For me, the S1 would have been fine and saved me money over the S2 I have. I've yet to use its GPS or waterproofness. If the S3 has cellular data or LTE, that might make it a must have upgrade for me.

The Nike+ is different though because I really like those two unique Watch faces. Maybe I'll get one. I should off one of my AWs as it's a Gold Al same as my S2. No need for duplicate colors.

Maybe I'll check out Best Buy today. It couldn't hurt to look, right?

No, It doesn't hurt to look. It really comes down to what's important to you. I like the Series 2 for the waterproof feature. The gps is a nice to have. I really don't care about cellular or LTE ability on my watch. Using it with the phone is fine for me. I'll take it when it comes, but it's not important enough for me to upgrade for it. We all value different things so just do you. If you have the Series 2 already then I don't think I'd get the Nike+ edition. I probably would wait. Same with the Series one. If I already had it, I would buy a Nike+ watch. From First generation, different story. I think it's enough of an upgrade to do it.

Just my two cents.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal