How to disable calendar notifications on Apple Watch

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
This never used to be a problem but the last few weeks, I've started occasionally receiving the stock calendar notifications on my apple watch. They are disabled completely on iPhone and have tried mirror iPhone settings or custom and don't show alerts. I use Fantastical so I don't want to see the same popups from 2 diff calendar apps. No matter what, I still continue to receive some stock calendar notifications. Driving me nuts. Anyone else experienced this and found a solution/workaround?
Thanks!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't have that... disable Calendar in both iPhone and Apple Watch. I also use Fantastical, and no issues with this setup.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have calendar notifications enabled on both phone and watch and it works as expected. I've got other notifications disabled for watch and it has worked without issue

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
After 3.2.2 didn't fix this annoyance, I found a workaround! Remove the stock calendar app on your iPhone which removes it from Apple Watch and also removes the notification bug. :) I tested it this morning and it's working! Relief!