Wireless headphones to Watch or Phone?

xtinktor

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Howdy folks!
I'll be buying my 1st watch (Series 2, 42mm, black stainless steel) some time in the next week or so, and I'm trying to just get as much information as I can before buying.

There's 1 question that's been haunting me, and that I can't seem find any answers on google or anything.

Should I pair my wireless headphones to the watch or to my iPhone?
I commute a lot and pretty much live with my headphones on. I was reading that when paired, the phone is silenced, and the watch handles all sounds and notifications. Is this true?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're going to download music into the Watch, I'd pair the headset with your iPhone.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Howdy folks!
I'll be buying my 1st watch (Series 2, 42mm, black stainless steel) some time in the next week or so, and I'm trying to just get as much information as I can before buying.

There's 1 question that's been haunting me, and that I can't seem find any answers on google or anything.

Should I pair my wireless headphones to the watch or to my iPhone?
I commute a lot and pretty much live with my headphones on. I was reading that when paired, the phone is silenced, and the watch handles all sounds and notifications. Is this true?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

If you do the AirPods, you pair them to your iPhone using your Apple ID and they are automatically paired to your watch, and iPad, etc. the watch works as a remote for the phone when playing music, and it's really cool. I was a skeptic initiatively, and I HATED every other Bluetooth earphones I've tried because of the dropouts and crappy audio quality. The AirPods work really well. As far as iPhone alerts, they mirror on your watch. I mute the audio alerts on my watch and turn up the haptic alerts.

xtinktor

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I have Bose QC35s, and not earpods. Sort of why I was asking about headphones. I guess they'll sorta work the same way as the EPs by pairing to the phone.

Thanks guys

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I never use my AW for music bc I always have my phone with me. My earbuds are always paired to my phone.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have Bose QC35s, and not earpods. Sort of why I was asking about headphones. I guess they'll sorta work the same way as the EPs by pairing to the phone.

Thanks guys

I have my BOSE QC 35's paired with my iPhone, but my Apple Watch still gives me the ability to control the volume and next song as well as my Apple Music library. I'm running the latest Beta on both devices....
c9b176f942480b6435fbcba6c33d82f3.jpg

5cefab27464718bc2a5c83045d1ab557.jpg

This screenshot below is the from the music I have stored on my Apple Watch without the iPhone music being played and the music from my Apple Watch is playing thru my BOSE QC 35's.
ba17586e7ff9312f01eee17467933a53.jpg

Does this answer your question?

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I was reading that when paired, the phone is silenced, and the watch handles all sounds and notifications. Is this true?

I don't know if the headphones make any difference. The Watch handles most of the notifications if the phone is sleeping without headphones.

You have to decide whether you want to listen to music from your Watch (once you load music on it) or from your phone.

Playing music on your Watch and using BT, the battery it going to take a big hit, compared to using your phone. I put some music on my Watch just for a time when I might forget my phone, which is rare, but it has happened. If you're just out for a run, music on the Watch shouldn't be a problem. And it would probably last you commute, but maybe not the whole day? That would depend on other additional variables. I'd use the phone and probably wired headphones.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It's like your Apple Watch knows when you're using your iPhone more and the notifications will return to the iPhone.
1c33c6d9e33dd4186462786fcbca2ffb.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711