I don't use the custom photo watch face at all, but am curious to see what some of you may have done with this feature!

Really wish there were more watch face options. It's cool that you can pick and use a photo, but in a dream world I could really see some cool custom faces being produced... like Pebble used to allow developers to do!
    04-11-2017 11:18 AM
    I don't use a custom photo either and probably won't unless I could add the same complications I use now.
    04-11-2017 03:50 PM
    Yeah - addition of complications would be nice!
    04-11-2017 03:58 PM
    Really wish there were more watch face options. It's cool that you can pick and use a photo, but in a dream world I could really see some cool custom faces being produced... like Pebble used to allow developers to do!
    Definitely wish Apple would design more watch faces. I'm not all pleased they promote the advantages of a square (rectangular actually) watch but give us only mainly round faces. It's time they ended the Hermès exclusivity.

The faces they do give us are designed to be easy on battery life, but I'm willing to take an occasional hit for a really nice Watch face.

Anybody remember the Swiss Railroad clock design that got them in a little trouble? That would be a great Watch face. I'm sure there designers could come up with much nice faces.

Personally, I'm against opening up the field to allow independent devs to create them. The Pebble is a great example of why that shouldn't happen. The schlock that was 99% of the faces would cheapen the look and Apple marque. This is one case where I really champion the Walled Garden. We need Jony Ive on that wall!

Maybe someone with actual designer skills and eyes has done something for later versions of Pebble, but I don't trust the general Dev public.
    04-11-2017 04:02 PM
    04-18-2017 11:24 PM