Hey guys,

I'm playing around with my new AW2. Everything seems fine, I think!

Regarding texts and email messages: I have 'mirror iphone' checked in settings but nothing seems to happen unless I physically check on my AW. Should they be pushed from my phone? and should I get a sound on my AW?

Many thanks.
    03-28-2017 08:49 AM
    You should get a sound but that depends if your watch is on silent mode or not.
    If silent mode is not enabled, you should get a sound and notification on the screen.

You can manage your notification preferences in the Watch app.
    03-28-2017 08:59 AM
    Thanks, Tartarus,

It's all set up correctly on my iPhone AW setings. I will go through the notification preferences on the AW and see if it's set-up correctly there.

Many thanks.
    03-28-2017 09:04 AM
    Also, please remember that you will not get notifications your Watch if your iPhone is not locked.
    vegas33139 and doogald like this.
    03-28-2017 09:14 AM
    I had to disable the passcode function in order to get notifications to come through on my watch while I am not using it. Once I disabled the passcode, everything worked the way the OP is hoping.
    03-28-2017 01:48 PM
    You will also not get a haptic feedback or sound on the Watch if you don't have some type of sound or vibration set on the iPhone. If you have the iPhone set to banners and no sounds/vibrations then on the Watch you will see the red notification indicator but you will not feel or hear the notice.
    doogald likes this.
    03-28-2017 02:31 PM
    If I had a wish-list for the next version of watchOS, it would be the ability to discretely set notifications for the watch. So, for example, on a per-application basis, I'd be able to get whichever notification I wanted - sound, haptic, both, or neither - and regardless if the phone is also getting the notification. I'm getting to the point where I want the watch to be my notification device, and my phone to make a sound or vibrate only if I am not wearing the watch.
    03-28-2017 03:11 PM
    If I had a wish-list for the next version of watchOS, it would be the ability to discretely set notifications for the watch. So, for example, on a per-application basis, I'd be able to get whichever notification I wanted - sound, haptic, both, or neither - and regardless if the phone is also getting the notification. I'm getting to the point where I want the watch to be my notification device, and my phone to make a sound or vibrate only if I am not wearing the watch.
    Yea, would be nice to be able to get more granular.
    03-28-2017 03:25 PM
    Hey guys,

Nothing seems to be coming through unless I set my messaging apps, i,e messenger and What's app, email etc, to custom. If I set to 'mirror iPhone' messages don't come through!

Any ideas?
    03-28-2017 04:46 PM
    Hey guys,

Nothing seems to be coming through unless I set my messaging apps, i,e messenger and What's app, email etc, to custom. If I set to 'mirror iPhone' messages don't come through!

Any ideas?
    Do you have the passcode turned off? I had to turn that off on mine to be able to get notifications at the same time they come through on the phone.
    03-28-2017 04:51 PM
    Passcode is turned off.

I'm not too bothered. Everything seems to be coming through to the watch instantly. I've been messing about all day with it. now it's working, I don't want to mess it up.
    03-28-2017 05:00 PM