Pairing More Than One Watch

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
So I have two watches and I paired them both to my phone through the watch app. Someone in another thread somewhere was asking if it was possible to pair more than one watch and they figured out you could by looking at the app. Just thought I would post this to let everyone know how it works.

I just wanted to let people know that the app is designed to keep more then one watch paired and you don't have to unpair one to wear another.

When you want to wear one watch, simply put it on and raise your arm in the normal way that you do when you want to look at the watch. The app will automatically switch to this watch.

So now you want to wear the other watch. Take the first watch off, put the other watch on and raise it your arm to look at the watch just as you did the first watch. The app will now automatically make this watch active in the app.

It's pretty flawless and I got it to work with no problems.

Enjoy your WATCHES!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Pairing More Then One Watch

NexusGirlX said:
It's pretty flawless and I got it to work with no problems.

Yes! This is so much easier than pre-watchOS 2.x (I think) where I actually had to pair, un-pair, and re-pair Watches to switch them.

Great tip, NGX!

One thing I do is power Off the Watches that I'm not wearing. It may be three or four days before I wear one again and I don't want it run down to and at 0% when I want to wear it. This probably isn't necessary with two Watchers rotated frequently.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I keep two watches paired to my iPhone. One stays in the Spigen dock on my nightstand and I use that as a clock and spare if for some reason my main Watch battery gets low.

The only thing you need to realize, is it takes a little bit for things to get in sync (Activity rings, etc.) But it will sync up eventually, just not the second you swap the watches. Oh and you can also run two different OS's. My nightstand watch is Release 3.1.3 and my daily driver is beta 3.2

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

I keep two watches paired to my iPhone. One stays in the Spigen dock on my nightstand and I use that as a clock and spare if for some reason my main Watch battery gets low.

The only thing you need to realize, is it takes a little bit for things to get in sync (Activity rings, etc.) But it will sync up eventually, just not the second you swap the watches.

My habits are similar. If I'm engaged in a workout activity or it's a casual day, I wear the Nike+ and the AWSB/OG (how's that for an acronym) stays on the charger. If it's a more dressy day, then the reverse.

The delay in syncing when you switch worries me sometimes. I hate leaving the house with those activity numbers still at 0. OTOH, it's never failed to sync.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

My habits are similar. If I'm engaged in a workout activity or it's a casual day, I wear the Nike+ and the AWSB/OG (how's that for an acronym) stays on the charger. If it's a more dressy day, then the reverse.

The delay in syncing when you switch worries me sometimes. I hate leaving the house with those activity numbers still at 0. OTOH, it's never failed to sync.

How long does it seem to take to sync up? This is my first actual day of trying this now and the stats on my Nike+ haven't synced after an hour from when I was using my other watch.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Sometimes it syncs in a couple of minutes but sometimes it's as long as 15. If you've waited an hour something may be wrong. Look at the Watch app on your iPhone and be sure it is connected to the watch you're wearing.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Thanks. I'm finding there's a lot of settings that can affect things like this. One setting allows notification to come through on the watch (wrist detection on/off) and another doesn't. Some things just don't make sense to me anyways.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

Sometimes it syncs in a couple of minutes but sometimes it's as long as 15. If you've waited an hour something may be wrong. Look at the Watch app on your iPhone and be sure it is connected to the watch you're wearing.

I got it working tonight. I finally unpaired my Nike+ watch and set it up as a new watch. Everything synced over from the watch I was wearing earlier within a few minutes. Now I am happy!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you turn on Airplane mode on the Watch then turn it off that sometimes kickstarts the sync.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711