Has Apple stopped making the stainless steel models?

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I was checking for a the Series 2 stainless steel with steel bands. After selecting it, and checking availability, it says "sold out" for shipping. Very little availability in the stores near me. Is this the way Apple has produced in the past? In chunks? Would it be expected that the online store will get back into stock at some point?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
They moved the SS to coming with a sport band. But you can get the Milanese Loop or Link Bracelets separately.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
They moved the SS to coming with a sport band. But you can get the Milanese Loop or Link Bracelets separately.

Got it, thanks. I might be mistaken, but I believe they dropped the prices on the stainless steel bands. before it was 999 for the stainless steel Watch with matching band. If you buy them separately, its now 1049.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Got it, thanks. I might be mistaken, but I believe they dropped the prices on the stainless steel bands. before it was 999 for the stainless steel Watch with matching band. If you buy them separately, its now 1049.

But isn't that the same price because now you also get the sport band when you buy separately?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
bamf-hacker said:
They moved the SS to coming with a sport band.

That was one of the original options for the AW, and the one I got. Then Apple made the SS available as an S2 only, but I don't remember what the included band options were.

When the AW was first available, I think you saved $50 by getting an 'upgraded' band with the Watch rather than buying it with a Sport band and getting an 'upgrade' later.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative