Will the Watch automatically change the time once I change the time zone on my iPhone?
    03-09-2017 11:35 AM
    It will if your phone can connect to the local cell service or to WIFI. If it's in airplane mode, then no it won't change.
    03-09-2017 12:45 PM
    It will if your phone can connect to the local cell service or to WIFI. If it's in airplane mode, then no it won't change.
    I'll have cellular data turned off overseas but I'll only have airplane mode turned on on the flight. Maybe I'll change the time on my iPhone right before the plane pushes back.
    03-09-2017 02:13 PM
    I'll have cellular data turned off overseas but I'll only have airplane mode turned on on the flight. Maybe I'll change the time on my iPhone right before the plane pushes back.
    What you can do after you land is turn cell data and airplane mode off. That way your phone and watch will be connected and then any time you have wifi, it will update the time, weather, etc. BTW, be aware that putting the phone in airplane mode automatically puts the watch in airplane mode. When you then want to turn off airplane mode, you have to do it for both the phone and the watch.
    03-09-2017 03:05 PM
    BTW, be aware that putting the phone in airplane mode automatically puts the watch in airplane mode. When you then want to turn off airplane mode, you have to do it for both the phone and the watch.
    That's only an issue if you turn on the watch setting to mirror the iPhone for Airplane Mode (on the iPhone watch app, settings / general / airplane mode). I turned that setting off for this reason.
    tcuprof likes this.
    03-09-2017 03:13 PM
    That's only an issue if you turn on the watch setting to mirror the iPhone for Airplane Mode (on the iPhone watch app, settings / general / airplane mode). I turned that setting off for this reason.
    Thanks! I didn't know about that setting.
    03-09-2017 03:17 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I don't have the mirror iPhone airplane mode setting turned on.
    03-09-2017 03:19 PM
    I let it change to the local time, and then added a world time complication that showed me the time back at home (I was in San Francisco and my home is Melbourne).
    eyecrispy likes this.
    03-11-2017 08:37 PM
    I let it change to the local time, and then added a world time complication that showed me the time back at home (I was in San Francisco and my home is Melbourne).
    I have complications showing sunrise/sunset for my current location and two complications for the battery percentage.
    03-12-2017 02:48 PM