I have an Apple Watch Series 2 Nike+, and have one complaint about it. The heart rate does not register, ever. I will shut down the AW, clean the sensor with a microfiber cloth, and restart it and every time I get a heart rate of 76BPM. After that it will not read my heart rate. I even changed wrists and checked with my Fitbit Charge 2 which read perfectly. So I did the express exchange through Apple and received the new AW today. I am having the exact issue except it is reading 101BPM. Are their known issues with the heart rate monitor on the AWs not reading heart rates?
    Last edited by ItnStln511; 02-28-2017 at 05:10 PM.
    02-28-2017 04:06 PM
    I haven't heard that there's a problem with AWs of any flavor having major problems with the heart rate. A few members here have mentioned the Watches not being as accurate as their preferred alternative fitness bands.

My iHealth Pulse Oximeter is spot on with my Watches (AWs and AWS2) though the iHealth is not a commercial device. So I don't know how accurate either/both are but they are consistent and close enough for Govt. work (my general minimum standard).
    02-28-2017 05:07 PM
    I haven't heard that there's a problem with AWs of any flavor having major problems with the heart rate. A few members here have mentioned the Watches not being as accurate as their preferred alternative fitness bands.

My iHealth Pulse Oximeter is spot on with my Watches (AWs and AWS2) though the iHealth is not a commercial device. So I don't know how accurate either/both are but they are consistent and close enough for Govt. work (my general minimum standard).
    I know that people are saying they're not accurate, but mine won't even read my heart rate.
    02-28-2017 05:09 PM
    Have you tried checking your carotid pulse? You know, just in case your Watch is right?
    03-01-2017 04:07 AM
    Have you tried checking your carotid pulse? You know, just in case your Watch is right?
    I did, and apparently my ex-fiancé is wrong because I do have a heart... or is she right 🤔
    03-01-2017 10:21 AM
    Haha funny!

Have you tried seeing if it will work on a friend or family member?
    03-01-2017 10:32 AM
    Haha funny!

Have you tried seeing if it will work on a friend or family member?
    I literally just tried it on a family member and it's showing no heart rate either.
    03-01-2017 01:28 PM
    You might have a defective watch . I would try to reset the watch to factory defaults then repair it before you bring it to Apple though. You never know, sometimes a restore does wonders.
    03-01-2017 03:56 PM
    You can find plenty of comments about HRM accuracy, but you're the first I've seen with this problem. I'm betting defective watch.
    03-01-2017 05:29 PM
    You might have a defective watch 😢. I would try to reset the watch to factory defaults then repair it before you bring it to Apple though. You never know, sometimes a restore does wonders.
    I'll try the restore and see how that goes. I restored the previous one and still had the same issue, but I'll try this one too.
    03-01-2017 05:31 PM
    You can find plenty of comments about HRM accuracy, but you're the first I've seen with this problem. I'm betting defective watch.
    That's what I'm thinking, so hopefully that's what it is.
    03-01-2017 05:32 PM
    I literally just tried it on a family member and it's showing no heart rate either.
    Sounds like a hardware issue.
    03-03-2017 09:08 AM
    Sounds like a hardware issue.
    That's what I'm thinking too as the factory data reset didn't do anything. I'll try to change it out at the apple store this weekend.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    03-03-2017 09:21 AM
    That's what I'm thinking too as the factory data reset didn't do anything. I'll try to change it out at the apple store this weekend.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
    03-03-2017 09:34 AM
    Yeah, sounds like its time for a trip to the Genius Bar.
    03-03-2017 09:40 AM
    Yeah, sounds like its time for a trip to the Genius Bar.
    The last time I was in the apple store the people working the genius bar weren't geniuses.
    03-03-2017 09:59 AM
    The last time I was in the apple store the people working the genius bar weren't geniuses.
    It happens, but every time I've been to the Bar, they've been very sharp.
    doogald likes this.
    03-04-2017 02:43 PM
    This made me laugh out loud.
    03-04-2017 05:09 PM
    This made me laugh out loud.
    It's the truth!
    eyecrispy likes this.
    03-04-2017 05:26 PM
    Just to follow up, I called Apple today and they're doing an express replacement. Hopefully this will resolve my problem.
    03-07-2017 01:36 PM
    Just to follow up, I called Apple today and they're doing an express replacement. Hopefully this will resolve my problem.
    Oh nice. What exactly is an express replacement?
    03-07-2017 03:11 PM
    Oh nice. What exactly is an express replacement?
    Hopefully it'll work!
    An express replacement is an option for someone with Apple Care+, and what happens is they put a hold on your credit card for the amount of the device and ship a replacement out to you. When you get the replacement, you ship the original back and they release the hold when they get it and verify it's not damaged.
    Otherwise they'll ship a box to you where you ship the device back to them. Upon receiving your device they'll send you a replacement.
    03-07-2017 03:37 PM
    An express replacement is an option for someone with Apple Care+, and what happens is they put a hold on your credit card for the amount of the device and ship a replacement out to you. When you get the replacement, you ship the original back and they release the hold when they get it and verify it's not damaged.
    Nice! So unless a Watch is Toes/Up you're not without. That's also sometimes referred to as a cross-ship replacement, even though they never actually cross (except maybe in your house).
    eyecrispy likes this.
    03-07-2017 03:42 PM
    Nice! So unless a Watch is Toes/Up you're not without. That's also sometimes referred to as a cross-ship replacement, even though they never actually cross (except maybe in your house).
    Exactly, I didn't want to be without a watch for several days, unless they'd add the days I was without to the end of my AppleCare+.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    03-07-2017 05:07 PM
    Hopefully it'll work!
    An express replacement is an option for someone with Apple Care+
    Interesting. Do you get express replacement only if you have Apple Care or is it possible under regular warranty?
    03-07-2017 10:41 PM
28 12