I've been a series 2 owner since late October, and pleased to report I've noticed no real drop off in battery life.

I still charge it every other day, with no noticeable dip in life since day one (well, ok maybe a little dib).

How about you? Has battery life stayed fairly constant for you?
    02-28-2017 01:50 PM
    I don't have a Series 2 Watch, but the one I've had since May 2015 is still going strong. The battery still lasts as long as it did when I first got it, and l charge it at bedtime every night.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    02-28-2017 02:20 PM
    Mine has exceeded my expectations. Despite fairly heavy use of HRM and GPS, I've always got at least 50% left when it goes on the charger at night.
    03-01-2017 05:31 PM
    Mine is going strong. As I've mentioned in other threads I'm usually between 30-50% give or take by the time I go to bed. I don't think I could make it through 2 days but I easily make it through a day with no concerns. I have the 38mm model.
    03-03-2017 09:01 AM
    Have had mine new one on for 44 hours straight and battery is 67%.
    03-05-2017 04:47 PM
    Wow. That's really great!
    03-05-2017 05:34 PM
    How'd you achieve that? Did you disable settings or use power reserve mode?

Also is the GPS always enabled on the AW2, or how does one enable it? How does one know it's enabled or not?
    03-05-2017 09:36 PM
    How'd you achieve that? Did you disable settings or use power reserve mode?

Also is the GPS always enabled on the AW2, or how does one enable it? How does one know it's enabled or not?
    No idea i am new to Apple watch.

Whoops forget all that, i just remembered i charged when i went surfing Sunday morning and used my ripcord watch. So for 30 hours use i am at 55%.
    03-05-2017 09:43 PM
    Not great. I had my Series 0 replaced over the summer after a mechanical issue with the Digital Crown and for the last week or so my battery is consistently dead by mid-afternoon. Repairing and setting up as new didn't help. Oh well. Genius Bar appointment scheduled for Tuesday and I have AppleCare+ so I'm not worried.
    03-05-2017 11:03 PM
    Not great. I had my Series 0 replaced over the summer after a mechanical issue with the Digital Crown and for the last week or so my battery is consistently dead by mid-afternoon. Repairing and setting up as new didn't help. Oh well. Genius Bar appointment scheduled for Tuesday and I have AppleCare+ so I'm not worried.
    Ugh. Frustrating. My S0 had some similar battery issues last year as well. If I remember correctly, setting up as new worked for me. Hope you get yours figured out soon.
    03-06-2017 05:19 AM
    I believe that GPS is active only when you use the workout app for an outdoor activity, or use a third party app that uses GPS (like Nike Run Club, Runkeeper, etc.)

There is no indication that I know of on the watch that GPS is active. There is no setting to de-activate it when you don't want to use it for an outdoor run or walk, though I think if you have your phone with you on the workout the watch will use the phone for GPS instead.
    03-06-2017 05:29 AM
    Mine is great - I've had my rose gold sport since Christmas 2015 and it still easily makes it through the day, even with logging workouts for an hour and coming off airplane mode at 6:30AM. When it goes back on the charger before bed ( I wear it while sleeping, just in airplane mode) it's usually around 20-30%.
    03-06-2017 06:16 AM
    I believe that GPS is active only when you use the workout app for an outdoor activity, or use a third party app that uses GPS (like Nike Run Club, Runkeeper, etc.)

There is no indication that I know of on the watch that GPS is active. There is no setting to de-activate it when you don't want to use it for an outdoor run or walk, though I think if you have your phone with you on the workout the watch will use the phone for GPS instead.
    Thanks for the explanation doogald!
    03-06-2017 07:57 AM
    Took my Watch into my local Apple Store today and they're sending it out for service. 3-5 business days.
    03-07-2017 03:16 PM
    Took my Watch into my local Apple Store today and they're sending it out for service. 3-5 business days.
    I'm not sure why they can't fix them in store like they do for the phones.
    03-07-2017 03:33 PM
    That's crazy! Do you have to go back in the store to pick it up, or will they mail it to you?
    03-07-2017 04:32 PM
    Great point as there's not a shortage.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    03-07-2017 04:32 PM
    That's crazy! Do you have to go back in the store to pick it up, or will they mail it to you?
    I'm going to pick it up. That particular store is 5 minutes from home so no big deal for me.
    03-07-2017 04:48 PM
    Your guess is as good as mine!
    03-07-2017 04:48 PM
    I'm going to pick it up. That particular store is 5 minutes from home so no big deal for me.
    Gotcha, my closest is an hour away.
    03-07-2017 05:08 PM
    I've had mine since Christmas 2015 and still around 40 - 50% when I throw it on the charger at night most of the time.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    03-07-2017 08:13 PM
    Did they do any diagnostics?
    03-07-2017 09:06 PM
    After 2 weeks still getting easy 2 days out of mine, hope it stays this way.
    03-14-2017 06:15 PM
    Had an interesting experience with my Watch battery today. Through user error (me) almost as soon as I left the house this morning, around 8am, the watch reported 10% battery and said it was going onto power reserve mode. Around 9am, the watch control centre said 0%. I was out and about, used Apple Pay and it was registering the walking I was doing (not in GPS mode) and I got home around 1:30pm and the watch was still alive (still on 0%) 4+ hours after it hit zero. A good example of under-promising and over-delivering I'd say.

To answer the post directly though, I've had my Nike watch since October and can't comment on the battery other than to say it's fine because it's good enough that I don't have to think about it. I know it will last a day or even 2 and that's still true.
    03-20-2017 08:33 AM
    I had a conversation with the store manager at my local Apple Store. Its not that they can not fix/replace them in the stores, its that they want them back for the engineering teams to review the issues on the devices. I think they are still trying to iron out any kinks in the line. If you think about it the Watch is still a newish device and new quirks have been showing up.
    03-21-2017 12:48 PM
41 12