If you are purchasing

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
From a private party have them meet you at your local Apple store. If the person selling their watch makes up excuses to that suggestion walk away from the purchase. They have something to hide.
An honest person will meet you in a public place. I think Apple retailer is the best
Also to determine if authentic look on the back of the watch. It will have its iconic Apple logo on it as well as the size of the watch
Example. Mine says 38mm case 7000 series aluminum ion glass composite back

As a seller on eBay I keep my original packaging if I decide to sell an electronic device and will provide proof clean ESN

Protect yourself and your wallet.
There are honest sellers but there are scammers too. Use good judgment. Be safe.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
From a private party have them meet you at your local Apple store. If the person selling their watch makes up excuses to that suggestion walk away from the purchase. They have something to hide.
An honest person will meet you in a public place. I think Apple retailer is the best
Also to determine if authentic look on the back of the watch. It will have its iconic Apple logo on it as well as the size of the watch
Example. Mine says 38mm case 7000 series aluminum ion glass composite back

As a seller on eBay I keep my original packaging if I decide to sell an electronic device and will provide proof clean ESN

Protect yourself and your wallet.
There are honest sellers but there are scammers too. Use good judgment. Be safe.

Have you bought or sold an Apple Watch from a private party?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I purchased mine from eBay and got proof it was original and good.
I was just saying in today's world u need to be careful. Not everyone is honest and when purchasing from a stranger it is good to be aware and protect yourself. I would never buy from Craigslist. That's dangerously stupid

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
When you are looking to purchase from a private party it is common sense to be careful. In today's world you can't trust everyone. I was just saying to be safe. Be careful. On electronics I hear about people getting ripped off. It's your wallet
Why wouldn't you ?

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
When you are looking to purchase from a private party it is common sense to be careful. In today's world you can't trust everyone. I was just saying to be safe. Be careful. On electronics I hear about people getting ripped off. It's your wallet
Why wouldn't you ?

Agree. I buy a lot from private parties and have learned over the years what to look for. I often look up the serial numbers to make sure they're valid and check warranty. I can also check iCloud lock with it. Can never be too careful.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner