UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!! UPDATE!!!!

The Decipher Tools solution worked perfectly. I even paid for the license so I could transfer my text and iMessages as well. I probably didn't really have to, but I was so excited that it worked that I wanted to support them.

I have a clean install WITH my watch, health, and activity data (and my iMessages) and it was easy. The only trouble I ran into was that my computer took FOREVER to handle most of its tasks, but that's not related to the software.

I highly recommend this tool for anyone who wants to start fresh and keep their health and activity data.
    robertk328, doogald and tcuprof like this.
    02-16-2017 11:58 AM

The Decipher Tools solution worked perfectly. I even paid for the license so I could transfer my text and iMessages as well. I probably didn't really have to, but I was so excited that it worked that I wanted to support them.

I have a clean install WITH my watch, health, and activity data (and my iMessages) and it was easy. The only trouble I ran into was that my computer took FOREVER to handle most of its tasks, but that's not related to the software.

I highly recommend this tool for anyone who wants to start fresh and keep their health and activity data.
    I did the same thing. Worked flawlessly.
    02-16-2017 12:53 PM

Thanks for the update. It's good to have multiple confirmations that the solution works as promised.
    02-16-2017 06:15 PM
    Thanks for the update. It's good to have multiple confirmations that the solution works as promised.
    Yes - and their support is great. I was using a beta when I tried to use it, and they emailed me a version they were testing but not yet released to make sure I had something to try. Worked great
    02-17-2017 06:01 AM
    Does it work if you back up via iCloud and not iTunes?
    I've just increased my workout regimen and want to keep them!
    02-22-2017 04:25 PM
    Does it work if you back up via iCloud and not iTunes?
    I've just increased my workout regimen and want to keep them!
    No. it's an app that basically takes the backup file and breaks out the stuff you want to keep, then you restore it. You need to do it through iTunes at least this one time. After that you can backup with iCloud.
    02-22-2017 07:47 PM
    No. it's an app that basically takes the backup file and breaks out the stuff you want to keep, then you restore it. You need to do it through iTunes at least this one time. After that you can backup with iCloud.
    I'm totally gonna check this out. Does it break out anything other than activity data? Like SMS or photos? I find it very annoying that iOS backups are one giant hunk that can't be restore piece by piece at the user's discretion.
    02-23-2017 05:23 AM
    I'm totally gonna check this out. Does it break out anything other than activity data? Like SMS or photos? I find it very annoying that iOS backups are one giant hunk that can't be restore piece by piece at the user's discretion.
    Their website has all the info. I carried forward activity and messages but that's it. Photos I have in iCloud Photo Library.
    eyecrispy and doogald like this.
    02-23-2017 06:19 AM
    I can't help but chime in I just saw this thread reviewing our site's recent incoming links, and I really appreciate all of the kind words about Decipher Activity Transfer. I'm glad people like it!
    02-23-2017 10:25 AM
    I can't help but chime in I just saw this thread reviewing our site's recent incoming links, and I really appreciate all of the kind words about Decipher Activity Transfer. I'm glad people like it!
    It's a utility that does what it says, and does it well!
    02-23-2017 12:53 PM
    I can't help but chime in
    Please feel free to chime in anytime!
    02-23-2017 09:50 PM
    If you use the free version of the app you can only do activity data. If you but a license you can choose from a bunch of different things to restore. I chose to keep my iMessages too.
    eyecrispy and robertk328 like this.
    02-23-2017 10:11 PM
    If you use the free version of the app you can only do activity data. If you but a license you can choose from a bunch of different things to restore. I chose to keep my iMessages too.
    Same as me. Not necessary but nice to have.
    02-24-2017 08:47 PM
    Just tested it on my dev phone and it works great!
    Thanks for recommending guys!

Every day is a school day
    eyecrispy and robertk328 like this.
    02-27-2017 12:31 PM
39 12