Can anyone here disclose their experiences with AppleCare as it applies to watches?

I've used AppleCare several times with laptops where my day job is constant use - that's been keyboard, screen and other component replacements. It's not been such an obvious plus for me with phones.

I'm curious just what sort of watch damage will be covered if you're physically active. Have batteries for earlier models kept strong for more than a year? My conventional watches get scratched and beat up via my sports and work use when there's no sleeve protecting them. It does have me wonder if AppleCare is a good idea but I also don't expect the watch to live or be useful for decades or generations like my fine Swiss, US and Japanese watches.

Thx.
    02-06-2017 10:00 AM
    I bought it for the watch since it's only $50.

It covers broken screens, hardware failures, broken crown, and if the strap breaks.

One strap replacement pretty much pays for itself since each strap is about $40.
    doogald and SamNatale like this.
    02-06-2017 10:08 AM
    One strap replacement pretty much pays for itself since each strap is about $40.
    Not to put too fine a point on it, I believe the cheapest Apple bands are $49+tax, unless you can find a deal on them. Watches, sure, bands not so much.

I haven't had any experience with it.
    02-06-2017 08:52 PM
    FWIW, I did but it for my because my personal activities such as trail building and MTB riding are higher chance of an accident and I anticipate much use.
    02-07-2017 03:52 AM
    I used it on my series 1 when the microphone would not work, couldn't answer a call or dictate anything. No $ out of my pocket, did take a few days to get it back but paid for itself since the invoice said $99 but covered by AppleCare.
    02-07-2017 11:41 AM