The watch is no doubt a keeper for my wife. Our friendly competition via the exercise sharing might do it for me if not the relief from being so tethered to phone. IT admin definitely has me more tethered to phone than average.
    01-14-2017 12:09 PM
    The watch is no doubt a keeper for my wife. Our friendly competition via the exercise sharing might do it for me if not the relief from being so tethered to phone. IT admin definitely has me more tethered to phone than average.
    After having the AWS2 for a week I can safely say that being untethered from my phone is the best feeling! Been watching cautiously from the sidelines since the OG AW, and I feel Apple have made it compelling enough now to jump off Android and come to the dark side :-)
    01-19-2017 08:03 PM
    The watch in my opinion is a great addition to the phone. It compliments it and makes my life easier, especially when at work. And driving. I will not pick up my phone while driving. I wish AZ would make it a law but they haven't. It is stupid to be on the phone while driving. I have a Bluetooth ear piece, don't have Bluetooth in my car. I think safety first.
    02-19-2017 10:46 AM
    We have laws against texting/phone use while driving up here in my part of Canada, but you still see a LOT of people talking on their phones, texting, doing other things with their phones all the time. It's mighty frustrating, and in my opinion inconsiderate and dangerous.
    Jude526 and tcuprof like this.
    02-19-2017 11:02 AM
    but you still see a LOT of people talking on their phones, texting, doing other things with their phones all the time. It's mighty frustrating, and in my opinion inconsiderate and dangerous.
    In CA (Calif., not Canada) it's finally a moving violation to operate hand-held electronic kit. There's also a few more related restrictions.

This means the ticket puts a point on your driving record and it can affect your insurance rates. Finally, after 8 years, we get a law with some teeth in it. No fangs, unfortunately, but people getting a ticket will be in for a big surprise. Previously, it was just a fine with no points on your driving record.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    02-20-2017 07:42 AM
    In CA (Calif., not Canada) it's finally a moving violation to operate hand-held electronic kit. There's also a few more related restrictions.

This means the ticket puts a point on your driving record and it can affect your insurance rates. Finally, after 8 years, we get a law with some teeth in it. No fangs, unfortunately, but people getting a ticket will be in for a big surprise. Previously, it was just a fine with no points on your driving record.
    Hopefully other areas of the country follow suit. I see people texting while driving almost every day on the road and it drives me mad. I can always tell that they're on their phones just by the way they're driving.
    02-20-2017 08:24 AM
    Hopefully other areas of the country follow suit. I see people texting while driving almost every day on the road and it drives me mad. I can always tell that they're on their phones just by the way they're driving.
    Or not driving, when they don't move when the light turns green at a stoplight.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    02-20-2017 09:49 AM
    Or not driving, when they don't move when the light turns green at a stoplight.
    Or not driving, the traffic is stopped for a light, and they're 2 car lengths behind the car in front of them, head bowed.
    02-20-2017 06:11 PM

Does that include both texting AND talking? Does it matter if the call is hands free?
    02-21-2017 06:18 PM
    Does that include both texting AND talking? Does it matter if the call is hands free?
    Yes, it includes texting and talking, if hand-held. If not hand-held, talking is dandy, as is telling Siri to take a letter...

But physical access while operating a motor vehicle (i.e., not parked) is limited to using GPS only, and only one finger stroke. ONE. So rollin' in the roller while entering GPS co-ordinates (of any nature) as well as any other finger poking is illegal.

The statue, effective 1 January, 2017, is lengthy with many sections, details, and some exceptions, such as those for law enforcement and civilian emergences.

The finger-touch count will be tough to enforce, and it will take time for some scofflaws to comply, while others never will. But it's a good start, however late.
    02-22-2017 04:54 PM
35 12