HI all,

Has anyone come up with a way to stop Messenger and other 3rd party Apps crashing on startup on the Apple Watch. It seems from research that this is a major issue a lot of people are having.

I have Messenger now doing this, I have tried all the tricks that are mentioned on the web but no go.

So far the Apple Watch has been very buggy and unstable. Feels like Im a a beta tester..
    01-07-2017 06:13 PM
    I've not had problems like that with my Watch. With that in mind, I recommend you un-pairs and then pair your Watch with your iPhone again.
    01-07-2017 06:16 PM
    Done that, as I mentioned done all the tricks. Seems like half the watches are giving this trouble. Seemed to happen with the latest OS update. Really disappointed in the quality of the Watch. Just wayyyyy to buggy and unstable to be a watch. I expect a watch to be rock solid.

Actually All Apples products are getting really buggy. Mac OS crashed more that Windows 95 did.
    01-07-2017 06:23 PM
    Done that, as I mentioned done all the tricks. Seems like half the watches are giving this trouble. Seemed to happen with the latest OS update. Really disappointed in the quality of the Watch. Just wayyyyy to buggy and unstable to be a watch. I expect a watch to be rock solid.

Actually All Apples products are getting really buggy. Mac OS crashed more that Windows 95 did.
    More people do appear to be experiencing more problems as of late with their Apple products than in the past. Hopefully, that'll change.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    01-07-2017 06:28 PM
    ahah, after a few days and some structured troubleshooting I fixed it. Not the root cause, but I have an idea what that might be related to.
    01-07-2017 07:38 PM
    ahah, after a few days and some structured troubleshooting I fixed it. Not the root cause, but I have an idea what that might be related to.
    What did you do to fix it?

I haven't had any issues with messenger, but have definitely had issues with other 3rd party apps, especially Todoist.
    01-07-2017 07:40 PM
    It appears to be something in the data base of messages it cant handle. If I delete all conversations and start again it is OK, but as soon as one of the "rooms" come up, the one where people invite you into a conversation about their holiday for eg, it will crash the watch app. Seems to be when photos are part of it.

Keep messages to text and it works fine. Since its common on a lot of apps, I think its an Apple issue rather than an App issue.
    01-08-2017 02:02 AM