I just wanna Casetify

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
This band sure looks good to me:

1.jpg

Has anybody tried this band? There are cheaper bands out there, but a lot of them have had too many bad reviews.

I just got two very nice bands from Clockwork Synergy at $45 each, and I'm hearted to try a Milanese-type.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Has anybody tried this band? There are cheaper bands out there, but a lot of them have had too many bad reviews.

I just got two very nice bands from Clockwork Synergy at $45 each, and I'm hearted to try a Milanese-type.
I followed a link you posted in the 3rd party band thread to their site. It does look pretty nice. I haven't tried one yet though. I used to wear Skagen watches a lot when they only used Milanese type bands and loved the look and they were really comfortable at first. However, after extended wear the metal around the sides would eventually become frayed and get caught on my clothing, jackets, or whatever else it came in contact with. I've been gun shy on getting a Milanese for my Apple Watch for that very reason.

sgchick

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
I have 2 bands coming from Casetify.....I think I have the fever...lol One is the milanese band. I bought a cheaper milanese one off Amazon because I couldn't wait....These take awhile to get. Loving the one from Amazon so far though.

This band sure looks good to me:

View attachment 115401

bales_83

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Looks great. I find leather to be the comfiest but the milanese loops look amazing. The only thing I have against them is they have a tendency to catch the hairs on your arms which gets grating after a while.

sgchick

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
I'll be very interested in your observations. Did you get the silver or black Milanese?

I got the Rose Gold. :) Waiting for the rain to stop to wear it. I'll let you know. I'll be interested in how you like the air pods once you get them. It just seems they will fall out of my ears when moving around. I'm a courier for Fedex.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
It just seems they will fall out of my ears when moving around. I'm a courier for Fedex

It's an individual situation. I don't use Apple's out of the box EarPods much but broke out a pair and tried the Shake Text, and they stayed in no problem. Then I tried the Yawn Test and again, no problem. And that was with the weight of the cord dangling in free fall.

In the store, I did the same tests (and got some weird looks) but the AirPods stayed in, no problem. Like the EarPods, not even a wiggle in my ears. Rene Ritchie mentioned one did fall out.

So the shape of your ears, possibly the concha and triangular fossa in particular, will determine how well they'll fit and how stable they'll be. I've no worries. In fact, I'm hoping they'll fit under a helmet without any pressure on them, under a skull cap/helmet liner. Otherwise it's a Sena 20.

sgchick

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
It's an individual situation. I don't use Apple's out of the box EarPods much but broke out a pair and tried the Shake Text, and they stayed in no problem. Then I tried the Yawn Test and again, no problem. And that was with the weight of the cord dangling in free fall.

In the store, I did the same tests (and got some weird looks) but the AirPods stayed in, no problem. Like the EarPods, not even a wiggle in my ears. Rene Ritchie mentioned one did fall out.

So the shape of your ears, possibly the concha and triangular fossa in particular, will determine how well they'll fit and how stable they'll be. I've no worries. In fact, I'm hoping they'll fit under a helmet without any pressure on them, under a skull cap/helmet liner. Otherwise it's a Sena 20.
hmmmm...never thought about trying those with a helmet...Let me know how that goes. :) Thanks, I should really go try some on.