Low inventory on Apple Watch 2

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Was anyone able to walk into your local retailer, Apple or otherwise and purchase a series 2 for Christmas? I wanted to purchase a series 2 for a Christmas gift and could not walk in and buy any at my local brick and mortar stores. Apple had some on line but getting one for pick up in the store was next to impossible . Our two local Apple stores were sold out along with target and best buy. Best Buy is not anticipating store availability till the second week in January .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With Apple Products, you need to purchase early if you want them for Christmas. Anyway, I hope a member who was able to purchase a series 2  after walking into a brick & mortar store will reply soon.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
My local corporate AT&T store had them the day after Turkey Day. I got mine on installments with my phone bill. Payed it off this month.

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
My local corporate AT&T store had them the day after Turkey Day. I got mine on installments with my phone bill. Payed it off this month.

What's your secret for being able to do that?! I tried and the one ***** I dealt with told me it wasn't possible. You're not the first one I've heard of though being able to put one on installments.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
What's your secret for being able to do that?! I tried and the one ***** I dealt with told me it wasn't possible. You're not the first one I've heard of though being able to put one on installments.

I went in on Black Friday with the sole intention of paying off my phone. They said they had a few good Black Friday deals, one being the Apple Watch Series 2 on installments of 6 payments, no interest. I decided to jump on it. I believe it was a Black Friday deal only. It was also an installment plan added to my cell phone bill. You would need to have an AT&T wireless phone account in good standing.

Last edited:

jaleesag88

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I went in on Black Friday with the sole intention of paying off my phone. They said they had a few good Black Friday deals, one being the Apple Watch Series 2 on installments of 6 payments, no interest. I decided to jump on it. I believe it was a Black Friday deal only. It was also an installment plan added to my cell phone bill. You would need to have an AT&T wireless phone account in good standing.

I had time during my lunch break where I was working yesterday and stopped into and At&T store in a town I normally don't work in. They said it's an in-store only thing. They didn't know why the people at my normal store couldn't do anything for me. I almost walked out with an Apple Watch for my fiancé but I didn't know if he wanted silver or the space gray....but at least now I know!

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I called my local Apple Store to see if they had any in stock and they didn't. The woman then told me that if I was waiting on getting one and Apple online didn't have any in stock to then order them from Nike online. I went online and ordered mine and had it two days later..

ralphelliott

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
I ended up going for the Fitbit Charge 2 but Apple online had them last time I checked. I'd never assume any Apple product would be in stock in store around the holidays though.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Was anyone able to walk into your local retailer, Apple or otherwise and purchase a series 2 for Christmas? I wanted to purchase a series 2 for a Christmas gift and could not walk in and buy any at my local brick and mortar stores. Apple had some on line but getting one for pick up in the store was next to impossible . Our two local Apple stores were sold out along with target and best buy. Best Buy is not anticipating store availability till the second week in January .

Locally for me the Apple store did have some in stock but only the 'Apple Watch Edition' for $1.000+ which is expected since most people went for the standard one at $300. or $200 for the 1st generation.

As Just_Me_D said, if you want something from Apple, especially during holiday madness season. You have to order early :)

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Stock in my 500,000 person metro area has been slim including after the holidays except for some very expensive models or pink sport.

I watched inventories to get one for my wife's birthday. I was surprised to see few in Best Buy stores but fast delivery via their web site. It's been quite a while since I had much consideration for Best Buy but that's where we ordered my wife's. They stated 2 days, Apple 7-10, others a month.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Stock in my 1,000,000 metro area is also slim. There are some basic series 1 and 2, but no edition (showing Friday availability) or Nike + (February).

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Stock in my 1,000,000 metro area is also slim. There are some basic series 1 and 2, but no edition (showing Friday availability) or Nike + (February).

I bought my Series 2 at the local Apple Store last week. I knew that they had plenty of Nike+ editions in stock, and was prepared to go that way, but they also had one 42 mm Space Grey Series 2, and a few 38 mm Series 2 models in stock, so I went with the 42 mm one. I didn't even ask about the stainless steel or edition models.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have tech stocks in my investments so I always wonder if low stock in stores is going to be good or bad for stock in my retirement portfolio he he he.....

Having looked for my wife's birthday gift I thought the local inventory made sense. 42 mm sport in popular colors not in stock or not there long when expensive models or ones I'd guess as less popular where there. As examples I'm sure fewer people buy stainless steel with high end bands and same for 38 mm "Rose Gold". Those Series 2 were always available when we were shopping recently.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I may just invest in a stainless steel Watch. I can't seem to find the sport, I've always wanted a stainless steel.

I see more stainless models show up at my local Apple Store but can't really see any model as an investment, or at least within my life time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods