Version 1 Question

T-Rob

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
I can't find a thread on Version 1, but I'm assuming someone here will know the answer.

So, I just got my watch today....setup and everything went well. One thing I can't figure out...not that my watch is connected to my iPhone 7, the notification sound for my text message no longer come from my phone. Is this an unfixable issue or is there a fix to it?

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't find a thread on Version 1, but I'm assuming someone here will know the answer.

So, I just got my watch today....setup and everything went well. One thing I can't figure out...not that my watch is connected to my iPhone 7, the notification sound for my text message no longer come from my phone. Is this an unfixable issue or is there a fix to it?

Thanks!

That is by design. When the display of the iPhone is not active, typical notifications will go to the watch.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
That is by design. When the display of the iPhone is not active, typical notifications will go to the watch.
I think that was a smart and logical move on Apple's part. When the phone is active, it's presumably in your hand. No need to send the notifications to two devices, and it saves the Watch's battery. When the phone is sleeping, it may be on the desk, in a pocket, or even in another room. The Watch is on your wrist regardless of where the phone is, so it makes sense to get the notification there. The Watch also has to option of a Taptic-only alert for an arriving notification instead of an audible one. Having the phone respond would defeat the purpose of Taptic-only alerts.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think that was a smart and logical move on Apple's part. When the phone is active, it's presumably in your hand. No need to send the notifications to two devices, and it saves the Watch's battery. When the phone is sleeping, it may be on the desk, in a pocket, or even in another room. The Watch is on your wrist regardless of where the phone is, so it makes sense to get the notification there. The Watch also has to option of a Taptic-only alert for an arriving notification instead of an audible one. Having the phone respond would defeat the purpose of Taptic-only alerts.

Agreed...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen