I have dowloaded the new watch OS 3.1.1 but the installation was not completed because I didn't have the charger of the watch handy at that time.

Yesterday I read that apple has taken it back. I still have it though on my iPhone downloaded. How can I delete that and replace it with the new that is going to be shortly out?
    12-15-2016 03:12 AM
    Don't worry about it. It should be replaced automatically when the new one comes out.
    On my phone I also see a 1 at the app icon, but when I go to the updates it says 'Download and Install' again.
    I think it already automatically removed the original download.
    12-15-2016 03:20 AM
    I update to 3.1.1 on all my AWs, one being an S2, before the bug became known. So far there have been no issues with the Watches.

However, something that may be coincidental, is that my 5s' battery life plummets overnight. I'm doing some checking—Locations services, background refresh, etc. Last night, I turn of LS and BT, and my 5s was at 85%.

Routinely, I charge to 100% then listen to the phone for 30min. With the usual email activity, etc., 85-90% is typical. So I don't know if a Watch with 3.1.1 is affecting my battery life. More testing to follow.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-15-2016 11:24 AM
    I downloaded it and installed it into my watch series 2 without any issues.
    My partner did the same without issues.

Which watches were affected
    12-15-2016 11:26 AM
    I downloaded it and installed it into my watch series 2 without any issues.
    My partner did the same without issues.

Which watches were affected
    What I'm reading elsewhere is that it's the series 2 watches that are affected. I installed the update on my series 2 and original watch without incident and I'm not having any problems (with the watches or my iPhone). In fact, the update seems to have fixed a problem I was having. Before, when I'd reach an achievement while wearing the series 2 (such as my daily move goal), I wasn't get the notification and the badge wasn't showing on my iPhone. The only way to get those achievements to show was to switch to my other original watch. Anyway, that seems to be fixed now.
    12-15-2016 02:55 PM
    Don't worry about it. It should be replaced automatically when the new one comes out.
    On my phone I also see a 1 at the app icon, but when I go to the updates it says 'Download and Install' again.
    I think it already automatically removed the original download.
    Thank you
    12-16-2016 02:34 AM
    I update to 3.1.1 on all my AWs, one being an S2, before the bug became known. So far there have been no issues with the Watches.

However, something that may be coincidental, is that my 5s' battery life plummets overnight. I'm doing some checking—Locations services, background refresh, etc. Last night, I turn of LS and BT, and my 5s was at 85%.

Routinely, I charge to 100% then listen to the phone for 30min. With the usual email activity, etc., 85-90% is typical. So I don't know if a Watch with 3.1.1 is affecting my battery life. More testing to follow.
    Same here and it is working flawlessly on my original Watch Sport.
    12-16-2016 07:46 AM
    No issues here with Gen 1 Sport.

And FYI 3.1.1 is still being pushed out as I got it last night.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-16-2016 08:15 AM
    So, no way to know if it might be a fixed version or still the original?
    You would assume that they make a 3.1.1.1 version if they patch it.
    12-16-2016 08:52 AM
    No if it was a patch it would be 3.1.2
    12-16-2016 12:42 PM
    What I'm reading elsewhere is that it's the series 2 watches that are affected. I installed the update on my series 2 and original watch without incident and I'm not having any problems (with the watches or my iPhone). In fact, the update seems to have fixed a problem I was having. Before, when I'd reach an achievement while wearing the series 2 (such as my daily move goal), I wasn't get the notification and the badge wasn't showing on my iPhone. The only way to get those achievements to show was to switch to my other original watch. Anyway, that seems to be fixed now.
    I have a series 2 and downloaded and installed it with no problems. From what I understand, if you installed it with no problems then, you are fine, with no reason to worry.
    12-18-2016 12:23 PM
    I have a series 2 and downloaded and installed it with no problems. From what I understand, if you installed it with no problems then, you are fine, with no reason to worry.
    Yep, I read the same thing. It problem was in the installation process. If you made it there, you can make it anywhere.
    12-19-2016 04:17 AM
    No if it was a patch it would be 3.1.2
    3.1.3 is out for developers now, running it on my Series 1 and have no issues at all with watch or phone. I'd look for it coming to a neighborhood near you soon, lol
    12-24-2016 05:57 PM