Screen protector

Shuckster

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck with the screen protectors? I've seen some on Amazon but I'm just not sure how well they work. Does anyone use one?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All screen protectors, regardless of the product they're installed on, have a degree of protection, with the primary arguably being to safeguard against scratches and scrapes. I've had the original watch and have worn it EVERY day for a year and 7 months without ever having put on a screen protector, and you'd probably need a microscope to find any scratches on it...��...It's been dropped, banged, bumped, etcetera, but it takes a licking and still functions normally.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I had one on my Moto 360, they work well enough. You DO tend to bang up a watch a bit, not sure about you, but as I swing my arms as I walk they DO occasionally contact rough surfaces. Unfortunately it's too late for my Apple Watch (although its not TOO bad), BUT in general yes I do recommend screen protectors. :)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Skinomi ones based on recs here and on Reddit. I haven't busted them out OR even opened the watch package yet, but plan to install before I do anything.

After a lot of hemming and hawwing and the drama that was Target's CyberFiasco, I ended up keeping the Stainless S2 because it was the only one that had the right price, and they FINALLY agreed (as it was on record) to correct the price per our agreement on record.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Screen protectors are ugly in general, and even uglier on the Watch. The Apple Watches that I've seen with screen protectors on, they are always peeling around the edges.

A less ugly (but still ugly imo) solution would be to get a slim case. The raised edges add an extra layer between the screen and whatever it might get banged up against.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
All screen protectors, regardless of the product they're installed on, have a degree of protection, with the primary arguably being to safeguard against scratches and scrapes. I've had the original watch and have worn it EVERY day for a year and 7 months without ever having put on a screen protector, and you'd probably need a microscope to find any scratches on it...��...It's been dropped, banged, bumped, etcetera, but it takes a licking and still functions normally.

Ditto. If I couldn't wear the watch without a screen protector and/or case, I would not want it.

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I got a Zagg HD one on mine and the one corner is already peeling up on it! I am ready to rip it off and try my luck with keeping it naked :)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Any good recommendations??

Armorsuit. Got mine on ebay. My brother recommended. It is lifetime warranty. And if scratches occur they won't show. I got mine yesterday and applied it. You want to apply it at night so it can set overnight. It is awesome. Can't even tell you have it . Like a lot, very impressed. 6.00 on ebay and free shipping. Well worth the protection on your Apple Watch.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I've always had a screen protector on my Apple Watch. Simply because I work on construction sites, things happen. I've only had to replace it once because it was getting pretty banged up. I don't even remember which brand I bought, it was a 2 pack I bought what, 2-3 years ago? How long has Apple Watch been out? I've had mine since then and only changed the screen protector once.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had the tempered glass screen protectors save my phone more than once. The one on my phone is cracked and I need to replace it. Perhaps I'll have @Brooke5795 install it.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not, we are finding that the cheap screen protectors from the Dollar Store, are every bit as effective as the much higher priced versions.

RB
I've noticed that as well. The difference seems to be thickness in some screen protectors, but as far as protection goes, I've noticed most​ are about the same.

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I've noticed that as well. The difference seems to be thickness in some screen protectors, but as far as protection goes, I've noticed most​ are about the same.

And at $1.00 each, you can just stock up on extras. A friend of mine slapped a one dollar cheapy on her I phone 7 not long ago. Well, yesterday she dropped it, hard. The Dollar Store protector was toast. But not a scratch or any damage to her phone. :)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Only difference I found with good ones, not overly priced and the Cheap ones. Is the cheap ones glue suck and don't adhere correctly. I have returned many of them.

Also the good ones line up and stick along the edges which is the main point. Also the costing seems better, much smoother.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I had a screen protector on my watch for about 2 months. It cracked and I never replaced it. Had my watch for almost a year. And there are definitely some scratches that are visible. I choose not to worry myself over it but they are noticeable. I'm jealous of all the "no screen protector" club members who can't see scratches. I've got scratches on both my watch and my iPhone. :(

I choose to not pay attention to either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2