It's there a big difference. I've got small wrists. I don't see that much of a difference and I'm leaning towards the 38mm.

Am I making a mistake?
    12-05-2016 03:30 PM
    I would say for you to try and go to an Apple Store and try both and see which one suits you better. I also have small wrists for a guy but the 38mm seemed a bit small on me but on my friend it looked just perfect. There isn't really a difference in terms of specs or battery, but the 42mm also seemed easier to touch than the 38mm
    Shuckster and pkcable like this.
    12-05-2016 03:39 PM
    Just go with what fits and suits you best.

The only difference apart from the size and weight is that the 42mm does have a bigger battery, but on the other hand also a bit bigger screen to power.
    Shuckster likes this.
    12-05-2016 03:43 PM
    Go to a store and test it out. I went with the 42mm because it looks better on my wrist over the 38mm.
    Shuckster likes this.
    12-05-2016 03:49 PM
    It's there a big difference. I've got small wrists. I don't see that much of a difference and I'm leaning towards the 38mm.

Am I making a mistake?
    If your wrists are small then I would definitely recommend the 38mm  watch. Still, go to a retail store that sells the  watch and then decide for yourself after you've tried on both.
    Shuckster likes this.
    12-05-2016 03:54 PM
    As others have said, you really need to go to an Apple store. I thought the exact same thing as you until I tried them both on in the store. Then the 42mm seemed more appropriate. BTW, battery life is better on the 42.
    sgchick and Shuckster like this.
    12-05-2016 04:07 PM
    Some people get upset at seeing someone wearing a big watch on a small wrist or bigger watch on a big wrist. Go figure. You do need to see the Watches in person to decide what you like.

There are two differences that I'm aware of the 42mm has a bigger battery and better battery life with even with the larger screen, and text is slightly more legible.

The 42mm Watch is no larger than a Rolex Sub and looks fine on medium to larger wrist. I've seen pics of it on a smallish wrist and it seems OK. I'd draw the line at wearing a watch or Watch that's wider than your wrist, though. But that's me. Buy what makes you happy.
    Shuckster likes this.
    12-05-2016 05:49 PM
    I am a female with very small wrists. I was set on the 42mm until I went to the store and I saw them both in person. Although the size isn't that different I chose to go with the 38mm. I am actually very happy with it and to me it looks better on my tiny wrist. I would say to go and try them on and make your decision then.
    12-05-2016 08:30 PM
    I am a female with very small wrists. I was set on the 42mm until I went to the store and I saw them both in person. Although the size isn't that different I chose to go with the 38mm. I am actually very happy with it and to me it looks better on my tiny wrist. I would say to go and try them on and make your decision then.
    I was actually the opposite. I was dead set on the 38mm, got it and I loved it. A couple days later the Nike+ version came out and I wanted that band so I went back to Best Buy and exchanged it, but all they had was a 42mm in stock. I walked out with that and haven't looked back. I love the larger screen, battery life I can't comment on. I charge it every night and it's typically around 70% when I throw it on the charger. The 38mm was normally between 60-70% as well by the end of the day.
    12-06-2016 05:45 AM
    I am a female with very small wrists.
    And very big hair, apparently! Great to hear you're happy with your Watch. I like that Apple made the Watches gender-agnostic.
    sgchick and Anastayja1 like this.
    12-06-2016 08:17 AM
    3 days without charging my 42mm and now at almost 17:30 still 9% left

Although I have to admit I did turn it off the past two nights (from about 11ish until 7 in the morning). Just wanted to see how far it would go.
    I did moderate moving, had a trainingsession of half an hour and 2 outside walks for about 25 mins total.
    Also had bluetooth on on my phone all the time.
    12-06-2016 10:19 AM
    I've got skinny wrists and the 42mm looks fine in my opinion but as others have said go and try one. As some sort of measure I got the Nike+ which comes with a long and a short strap and if I use the long strap it wraps around my wrist, contacts the back of the watch and causes the strap to bulge!
    12-06-2016 12:07 PM
    I don't think enough can be said for going to the store and trying the watches on yourself! It's really NOT a male/female issue, it's a look, fit and feel! I know guys who have the 38 and love it and girls who have the 42 and love it! I opted for the 42 myself.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    12-06-2016 02:05 PM
    And very big hair, apparently! Great to hear you're happy with your Watch. I like that Apple made the Watches gender-agnostic.
    Yes, that is the cool thing about the Apple watch; pick the one that you like best and wear it. I had the Moto 360 and my husband always complained that it was too large for my wrist. He now wears it. I wonder if that was just a ploy to get my watch? Lol.

Yup, big hair don't care! Lmbo!!!
    pkcable, Mac Guy and sgchick like this.
    12-06-2016 03:01 PM
    I wonder if that was just a ploy to get my watch?
    That would be sooo wrong! Smart man. I think the fashion quotient and your personal preference are really the key. For a lot of people large watches are the thing. But seriously, you got the best deal.

Yup, big hair don't care!
    Anastayja1 likes this.
    12-06-2016 06:47 PM

Am I making a mistake?
    While the 38mm is absolutely fine, i would recommend the 42mm. Even if you have small wrists or hands. I know we talking 4mm here but it does make a little difference. Best advice would be to try them both on in the Apple store and then make a decision.
    12-07-2016 03:08 AM
    The difference is very noticeable: it's only 4mm in absolute numbers – but that's a 10%-increase in hight…
    12-07-2016 09:25 AM
    I was kind of set on going with a smaller face myself but after trying both on I went with the 42. Definitely stop by a store and try before you buy.
    12-07-2016 01:23 PM
    I have fairly small wrists too, but the 42 doesn't look or feel as big on my wrist as it does just sitting there. Before I got my 1st gen AW I was pretty sure I wanted the 38 after seeing pics of people wearing them. Then I finally got to check em out in person. As soon as I put the 42 on it just felt right.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-12-2016 01:12 PM
    If it helps, I use the 38mm one and also have a small wrist:

12-15-2016 03:26 PM
    I definitely have a tiny wrist, but I love the 42 on me. I've always liked the big faced watches. It's all personal preference. :-)
    Nickysw5 and Mac Guy like this.
    01-01-2017 12:28 PM
    My wife and I chose 42 mm for same reason we appreciate our 7 Plus phones - screen size. I don't see these things as conventional watches and bigger screen is good for an information machine.

The correct answer is take the time we did to visit the retail store and check out sizes, colors and bands.

Nickysw5, sgchick and doogald like this.
    01-14-2017 01:20 PM
    So did you make a purchase? What did you decide?
    01-15-2017 03:03 PM
    If it helps, I use the 38mm one and also have a small wrist:

Nice video! A great choice with the banjo instead of death/thrash/metal. Is that the Apple Classic Buckle? If not, whose? It's a great looking band.
    01-21-2017 11:16 PM
    I prefer smaller faces and have tiny wrists so 38mm was the only one for me - despite it being only 4mm the 42 does look a lot bigger. Also consider that your primary usage of it should probably influence your choice.
    01-22-2017 10:43 AM
36 12