I have pretty small wrists and hands. I am a guy and am short overall. The 38mm was best for me. Any bigger and it would distract or just be too much. My dad could get away with a 42mm. I did however put on the large band since I was down to like the last two holes on the smaller band.
    01-22-2017 08:53 PM
    I was at an Apple Store today, talking to one of their tech support people. (They don't seem to use 'Genius' much, there.)

She had a 38mm SS2 with the Modern Buckle. It looked terrific and perfectly proportioned for her wrist. She wanted a SG Watch but for some reason, (maybe the band) the SS/Modern Buckle, Brown was the only one that looked 'right' and fit properly. She said the 42mm overwhelmed her wrist.

So despite the advantages of the 42 (larger text, bigger battery) fitment and visual appeal can be very real considerations.
    01-23-2017 12:07 AM
    I was at an Apple Store today, talking to one of their tech support people. (They don't seem to use 'Genius' much, there.)

She had a 38mm SS2 with the Modern Buckle. It looked terrific and perfectly proportioned for her wrist. She wanted a SG Watch but for some reason, (maybe the band) the SS/Modern Buckle, Brown was the only one that looked 'right' and fit properly. She said the 42mm overwhelmed her wrist.

So despite the advantages of the 42 (larger text, bigger battery) fitment and visual appeal can be very real considerations.
    I believe text size is adjustable in settings for the Apple Watch.
    01-23-2017 09:13 AM
    Correct. On the Watch app on iPhone, select Brightness & Text Size.
    01-23-2017 04:33 PM
    This is what happens when I try to take a short cut. Yes, the text is adjustable. The 38mm just doesn't support larger text as well.

Strictly speaking, numbers aren't text. Still...

I believe larger text on the 42mm will be larger than larger text on the 38mm, in some if not all cases. So consider my 'larger text' to be 'larger text is better supported on the 42mm Watch's greater real estate'. Or don't.
    Snoweagle and sgchick like this.
    01-23-2017 07:18 PM
    My wife's same height and my wrist size is not very large. We made a retail trip and checked out both. We chose the larger size because it is more effective as an info machine.

My suggestion is visit a retailer and consider your use. My wife wanted easiest to see while active. My life is full of alarms, messages, appointments and tasks. Our reasons are about function more than look. Others I know chose the smaller one with reasons just as good as ours for getting large.

The one drawback for our getting large display is needing smaller bands. That's fine with the sport band but leaves a lot hanging with other bands.

Have fun shopping.
    01-25-2017 08:10 AM
    This is what happens when I try to take a short cut. Yes, the text is adjustable. The 38mm just doesn't support larger text as well.

http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-co...-2-500x329.png
    Strictly speaking, numbers aren't text. Still...

http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-co...-4-500x329.png
    http://media.idownloadblog.com/wp-co...-3-500x329.png

I believe larger text on the 42mm will be larger than larger text on the 38mm, in some if not all cases. So consider my 'larger text' to be 'larger text is better supported on the 42mm Watch's greater real estate'. Or don't.
    I have the 38mm Series 2 and the font size is set to the left, but not all the way. It is fine to me. But comparing the screens with fonts at their largest, both seem garish, in my opinion. No offense.
    01-25-2017 11:44 PM
    I must admit I've got a 38mm, was a personal choice and swung by the fact the 42mm wasn't available in the style I wanted anyway at the time I was buying. I do have the text slightly enlarged so it's easy to read.
    01-26-2017 01:36 AM
    No offense.
    None taken.
    scruffypig likes this.
    01-26-2017 10:37 AM
    I am glad there is a 38mm being female. It is perfect for me.
    02-19-2017 10:35 AM
    Get what is comfortable for you. I can't wear the larger one.
    02-19-2017 10:36 AM
36 12