What are your best/favorite Apple Watch Series 2 features? Here's a shortlist of my own:

• The silicone strap (I got the plain 'ol black one. It's great, super comfy and washes off clean after a workout!)
    • GPS. For running and hiking, it's the real deal
    • Waterproofing. Love I can wear this in the pool, shower, whatever. So good.
    aximtreo, ame and rangerdeyo like this.
    12-02-2016 03:27 PM
    I'd say the GPS feature, but more importantly, the increased speed of the device.
    aximtreo and rangerdeyo like this.
    12-02-2016 04:44 PM
    Is it just me or does the Series 2 have more accurate heart rate readings than the OG Apple Watch Sport?
    12-02-2016 09:06 PM
    Is it just me or does the Series 2 have more accurate heart rate readings than the OG Apple Watch Sport?
    can't comment on the previous gen but I still have issues with the current one. Some days it's good, other days like yesterday my HR trace while running was way off. I've done a lot of running with HR strap and I know what my HR profile looks like when running, it's very consistent from run to run so I'm 100% sure that the trace yesterday was rubbish
    12-03-2016 01:11 AM
    The GPS is hands down the killer new feature for me. It's so nice to finally be able to run without my iPhone.
    aximtreo, cheli007 and rangerdeyo like this.
    12-04-2016 02:13 PM
    The GPS is hands down the killer new feature for me. It's so nice to finally be able to run without my iPhone.
    I'd agree with this because until this point the Apple Watch was a non-starter for me. That said, it's the whole package because I already had a GPS running watch with my Garmin. I can now track my runs, wirelessly listen to music and track my heart rate (with hit and miss accuracy) all in one compact, good looking device. It's the combination of all of those features that made the switch both possible and beneficial to me.
    12-04-2016 02:28 PM
    The GPS is hands down the killer new feature for me.
    I agree though I've yet to use it and don't know if and when I will. That and waterproofing are really the biggest things that set the S2 apart from the S1.

Since I don't need either and did get an S2, if I were to get another Watch, it would be an S1. For those who don't need GPS or waterproofing, the S1 is a lot of bang for the buck. I should grabbed a Silver S1 during the recent sales. Maybe next time.
    aximtreo and rangerdeyo like this.
    12-05-2016 02:00 AM
    I had the original, but sold it. Now that I'm back on iOS the waterproofing is the killer feature for me. I'd get the Series 1 if it had the same level of water resistance. The extra $100 for waterproofing and brighter screen is worth it to me.
    rangerdeyo and sgchick like this.
    12-12-2016 01:16 PM
    Agree 100%. And I love how you can set the speaker to shoot water out of the speaker. Seems like it actually works too. More than once I've watched water shoot out the side!
    12-12-2016 01:32 PM
    I had an original version of the watch and upgraded exactly 53 weeks later when the series 2 came out. Main reasons are I run and swim. So the GPS and waterproofing sold me on the upgrade. The faster speed and brighter screen are nice also
    12-13-2016 03:31 PM
    More than once I've watched water shoot out the side!
    I dunked my S2 and shook it around just so I could watch it squirt. Great fun. (I'm easily amused.) I still haven't used the GPS, but I do like having one Watch with it, just in case. Kind of like buying a distributor wrench for your ol' Chevy engine. Use it once, it's paid for itself. Use it twice, and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    12-13-2016 05:45 PM
    Not sure of my 'main' feature. But, oddly, I like the fact that it reminds me to stand. Plus, I have an Ergotron at work, so...

One question, for those that shower with the Apple Watch, etc.
    Do you have to set the 'water' option PRIOR to going into water (shower, washing dishes, swimming, etc.)?

Or, can I get the watch wet, then use the water symbol (where you scroll up on the watch face) and select it to then extract water?

Thanks!
    12-13-2016 06:23 PM
    You use it after. Its actually kind of fun, lol.
    afctee and sgchick like this.
    12-13-2016 06:45 PM
    It's one of those secondary features but really well implemented is Apple Pay on the watch. I find with my phone that it used to work first time maybe about 50% of the time but a double tap on the big Watch button and it seems to work every time. I can go into the supermarket with my shopping list on my watch (I'm using Todoist at the moment) and pay without ever having to take my phone or wallet out which I like a lot.
    12-14-2016 11:58 AM
    I got my original AWs mainly for Apple Pay, since my 5s doesn't support it. All the other stuff is cool. but Apple Pay is probably the single feature on all the Watches that gives me the most pleasure.
    12-15-2016 12:19 AM
    ...you know, I really need to try Apple Pay from my Apple Watch.

My barber asked me to use it the other day. But, I simply paid via my iPhone. Just feel a little weird raising my arm to a device to pay. Let me get it set it, so it is even available to try at some stage.
    12-15-2016 06:31 AM
    ...you know, I really need to try Apple Pay from my Apple Watch.

My barber asked me to use it the other day. But, I simply paid via my iPhone. Just feel a little weird raising my arm to a device to pay. Let me get it set it, so it is even available to try at some stage.
    You should definitely get it set up. As StraightlineBoy says, it's faster and actually more reliable than using the iPhone. As always, I just wish more places would take it. I guess that will improve with time.
    sgchick likes this.
    12-15-2016 02:58 PM
    I was just messing with my watch to see which button to activate Apple Pay, and it seems I'm already setup and ready to go

You should definitely get it set up. As StraightlineBoy says, it's faster and actually more reliable than using the iPhone. As always, I just wish more places would take it. I guess that will improve with time.
    sgchick likes this.
    12-15-2016 04:43 PM
    I was just messing with my watch to see which button to activate Apple Pay, and it seems I'm already setup and ready to go
    12-15-2016 05:32 PM
    Agree 100%. And I love how you can set the speaker to shoot water out of the speaker. Seems like it actually works too. More than once I've watched water shoot out the side!
    I haven't tried that yet...I'm still a little afraid to get it wet...hahaha..I work outside and wanted the waterproofing. Rain all week here in California, so I guess I will get to check it out. :-)
    01-02-2017 09:59 AM
    STILL haven't used the GPS. I have used my Watches as extended displays for Maps. It's just nice to have it in the event I leave my phone behind. I've noted that its notifications of direction changes are easily felt while riding. As long as I remember not to cover it with a sleeve or glove, it's easily read.
    01-02-2017 10:57 AM
    Check it on Apple store............
    01-21-2017 09:49 PM
    Rain all week here in California, so I guess I will get to check it out. :-)
    Ain't it the truth. I don't care to get wet outdoors. I rode a bike in the worst two years of rain here a couple of decades ago. The only time I like the rain is when I hear it against my window while curled up in bed.

I've had a tough time getting my New Years Achievement because of the rain, so I did a lot of Costco shopping, very briskly. It's not easy to rack up 2mi there without getting some odd looks. (I did by some chocolate covered raisins, though. Gotta keep up my strength!)

Even braving the elements from the parking lot to the store, the Watch doesn't like to get the crystal wet. It can react oddly. Wipe it off and everything is fine. Watertight integrity is still assured.
    sgchick likes this.
    01-21-2017 11:07 PM
    Even braving the elements from the parking lot to the store, the Watch doesn't like to get the crystal wet. It can react oddly. Wipe it off and everything is fine. Watertight integrity is still assured.
    This is probably the biggest weakness of the AW as things stand for its use as a fitness tracker. The screen hates moisture and behaves erratically in a way that the iPhone screen doesn't. I run outdoors in all weather and it means that I wear my Garmin instead. Apple need to address this. It's the main reason that I wouldn't recommend the AW as a fitness device to anyone who exercises outdoors.
    01-22-2017 05:27 AM
    Rain all week here in California, so I guess I will get to check it out. :-)
    I expected all-day rain today and needed to finish my week for the Apple New Years achievement, so it was a mall with an Apple Store. Beside closing the Move and Exercise rings, I got to demo the AirPods. Love 'em, and am on a waiting list. Almost got a new MBP, but decided to wait a bit.
    sgchick likes this.
    01-23-2017 12:39 AM
26 12