Do you use Siri on your Watch?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I use Siri all the time. It is much easier to say Hey Siri set an alarm for 10 minutes or Set an alarm for 37 minutes, than to pull up the alarm and manually set an alarm.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I've recently got a hue light and bridge and I'm really underwhelmed with it so perhaps someone can put me straight on it. I can use Siri on my watch to turn it on and off but that's about all. The technology is cool, the software is not.
The Philips app feels really incomplete and you end up having to get other apps to perform basic tasks, most are riddled with IAPs. For example the Philips app allows you to set a routine where it switches the light off every night at a given time, but as mine is my bedside light, who goes to bed at exactly the same time every night? I had to buy a 3rd party app just to be able to set a custom timer to dim the Hue light over a variable amount of time from when I'm actually ready to go to bed. This is supposed to be man-in-the-street-level technology and I think it's anything but that. I certainly won't be changing the rest of the bulbs in my house to Hue bulbs until there's some big software changes.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I did but I have Hey Siri set up on my iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch imagine the confusion with 2 devices on my desk and the watch on my wrist. I've since disabled hey Siri on my watch

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I've recently installed Hue White Ambiance Starter Kit to ease into home automation. It's been a significant convenience, but it's been anything but seamless.

I can use either Siri or the HomeKit app to control the lights remotely from my Watch or phone. All too often Siri can't connect to the lights, but HomeKit can. When leaving the house and breaking the WiFi connection, I sometimes have to turn WiFi off then on at the control center to reconnect to the Hue Bridge. I've had to reboot the bridge twice, and it's received two firmware updates in the month that I've had it.

They provide inadequate documentation for setup. Their app needs a lot of work and I blame them for the poor Siri (poor Siri!) integration. Their support has received a lot of complaints, but I haven't needed it yet.

My needs are simple so I'm willing to add two, maybe three more lights, all White Ambiance. Alexa may interface better with the Hue system. I also would prefer saying "Alexa,...' over 'Hey Siri'. I find the 'Hey' part annoying.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Aside from the Philips fiasco, I use Siri from the Watch to:

set a timer
check on the timer
send a text
check the weather
check the temperature
open the occasional app
initiate a GPS course

If she were smarter, I'd expect her to do more, but too often she responds 'Sorry O Great One, but I don't understand. Show mercy in the face of my inadequateness."

Twenty7delta

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I use Siri on my watch for everything. Messaging, nav, reminders, grocery list, HomeKit, weather, timers, alarms, music podcasts

It's slow when my phone isn't nearby but it's very handy

JustinVV

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I normally type on the phone, sort of muscle memory default, but have been forcing myself to use Watch Siri. I find it far more accurate than the phone, because you move the mic to your mouth. Been setting reminders, calendar entries and calling people.

But to be really useful you need to be able to better transfer calls between the watch and phone. Ie call on the watch, but the phone takes over and links to the car.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I like Siri and will ask her funny questions too when around my Android friends...I come from Samsung. Ask Siri who is better. She or Cortana and you will laugh....the same about Samsung.....hysterical. Siri keeps quiet so to speak. LOL

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner