I'm constantly surprised at how well dictation to Siri works. I've getting away from a stilted pattern of speaking "word <pause> word <pause> word <pause>" etc., and just speak as though it's a "Ms. Jones, take a memo" thing. And Siri gets it right >98% of the time. She does have some problems elsewhere, but transcribing dictation for texts is really one of her strong points.
    +1
    I really think Siri is great on the watch. I set alarms, answer texts, timers leaving my phone in my pocket at work.
    11-09-2016 10:54 PM
    Always I use it for setting timers, or to remind me of something.
    Now I'm using it to control my new Hue lights, along with Alexa (as Alexa won't do much in the way of control other than dimming... Siri will allow other adjustments)
    Mac Guy likes this.
    11-10-2016 04:55 AM
    I'm waiting for one particular retailer (because I have a gift card) to get the 3rd Gen Hue light starter kit. I'm looking forward to giving Siri another task.

I'll also be looking for a Hue compatible On/Off light/wall switch to control some non-dimming CFLs.
    11-10-2016 09:29 AM
    Hue is great. I don't have any (yet) but have been to many homes with full out kits. Very cool, expensive to be sure... but very cool.
    11-14-2016 11:45 AM
    Hue is great. I don't have any (yet) but have been to many homes with full out kits. Very cool, expensive to be sure... but very cool.
    Working on mine slowly... it's hard to be patient, the tech is cool
    11-14-2016 08:19 PM
    I'm jumping into the middle of the pool. The 3rd Gen Starter kit with the HomeKit compatible hub and three Color/Ambience bulbs is $199. Free shipping, no tax and a $50 gift card make it very doable. I'm just waiting for the retailer to blow out the old stock and get the 3rd Gen kit.

Then it's a bulb here and a sensor there, and Siri's your assistant.
    11-16-2016 04:02 AM
    I'm jumping into the middle of the pool. The 3rd Gen Starter kit with the HomeKit compatible hub and three Color/Ambience bulbs is $199. Free shipping, no tax and a $50 gift card make it very doable. I'm just waiting for the retailer to blow out the old stock and get the 3rd Gen kit.

Then it's a bulb here and a sensor there, and Siri's your assistant.
    Who's doing the $50 gift card?

You might consider getting one of the deals at Best Buy with an Echo. Always on is nice, and it has less delay than Siri. I got the $299 deal with the full size echo (normally $179), then added a Dot to another room.
    11-16-2016 04:43 AM
    Yeah I'd like to know too! Always up for a deal
    11-16-2016 08:53 AM
    Sorry, guys! I got the $50 gift card back when BH and Target were offing the Apple Watch prior to the coming of the S1 and S2 Watches. I used the Target give cards on two more OGAWs and just found my unused BH card in my wallet (along with other unused stuff).

So I could put it toward a Classic Buckle band, but I'll use it to take a little sting out of the Hue transition.
    11-16-2016 09:48 PM
    You might consider getting one of the deals at Best Buy with an Echo.
    I do want an Echo, but BB charges tax upfront. And I have a $50 card for them, too. I'll look into the Echo. I have to say that as much as I like and use Siri, there is a lot to like about Alexa. Apparently they get on well enough.
    11-16-2016 09:53 PM
    Sorry, guys! I got the $50 gift card back when BH and Target were offing the Apple Watch prior to the coming of the S1 and S2 Watches. I used the Target give cards on two more OGAWs and just found my unused BH card in my wallet (along with other unused stuff).

So I could put it toward a Classic Buckle band, but I'll use it to take a little sting out of the Hue transition.
    Perfect use for a gift card, IMO! Soften the blow

I do want an Echo, but BB charges tax upfront. And I have a $50 card for them, too. I'll look into the Echo. I have to say that as much as I like and use Siri, there is a lot to like about Alexa. Apparently they get on well enough.
    Alexa works well with Hue, and a quite a bit of other stuff, actually. IFTTT / Stringify integration does some cool stuff, too.
    11-17-2016 04:57 AM
    I only use Siri a little on my watch--mostly because I forget to try Siri in the first place. Siri has worked well when I remember to use her.
    11-17-2016 07:02 AM
    I used Siri on Apple Watch again last night... BBQ'd up some chicken, used it to set timers (need to know when to flip!) :P
    11-17-2016 08:33 AM
    I used Siri on Apple Watch again last night... BBQ'd up some chicken, used it to set timers (need to know when to flip!) :P
    Don't want to get BBQ sauce on the screen!
    11-17-2016 12:32 PM
    Yes, use the Hey Siri feature on the watch a lot for timers, messages, alarms, phone calls. I drive for a living and siri is very handy.
    01-02-2017 11:00 AM
    I use Siri all the time. It is much easier to say Hey Siri set an alarm for 10 minutes or Set an alarm for 37 minutes, than to pull up the alarm and manually set an alarm.
    sgchick likes this.
    01-02-2017 02:35 PM
    I've recently got a hue light and bridge and I'm really underwhelmed with it so perhaps someone can put me straight on it. I can use Siri on my watch to turn it on and off but that's about all. The technology is cool, the software is not.
    The Philips app feels really incomplete and you end up having to get other apps to perform basic tasks, most are riddled with IAPs. For example the Philips app allows you to set a routine where it switches the light off every night at a given time, but as mine is my bedside light, who goes to bed at exactly the same time every night? I had to buy a 3rd party app just to be able to set a custom timer to dim the Hue light over a variable amount of time from when I'm actually ready to go to bed. This is supposed to be man-in-the-street-level technology and I think it's anything but that. I certainly won't be changing the rest of the bulbs in my house to Hue bulbs until there's some big software changes.
    01-02-2017 03:05 PM
    I did but I have Hey Siri set up on my iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch imagine the confusion with 2 devices on my desk and the watch on my wrist. I've since disabled hey Siri on my watch
    nappalonia likes this.
    01-02-2017 04:49 PM
    The extent of my Siri use on my watch is to instruct him set a timer.
    01-02-2017 06:39 PM
    I've recently installed Hue White Ambiance Starter Kit to ease into home automation. It's been a significant convenience, but it's been anything but seamless.

I can use either Siri or the HomeKit app to control the lights remotely from my Watch or phone. All too often Siri can't connect to the lights, but HomeKit can. When leaving the house and breaking the WiFi connection, I sometimes have to turn WiFi off then on at the control center to reconnect to the Hue Bridge. I've had to reboot the bridge twice, and it's received two firmware updates in the month that I've had it.

They provide inadequate documentation for setup. Their app needs a lot of work and I blame them for the poor Siri (poor Siri!) integration. Their support has received a lot of complaints, but I haven't needed it yet.

My needs are simple so I'm willing to add two, maybe three more lights, all White Ambiance. Alexa may interface better with the Hue system. I also would prefer saying "Alexa,...' over 'Hey Siri'. I find the 'Hey' part annoying.
    01-02-2017 07:37 PM
    Aside from the Philips fiasco, I use Siri from the Watch to:

set a timer
    check on the timer
    send a text
    check the weather
    check the temperature
    open the occasional app
    initiate a GPS course

If she were smarter, I'd expect her to do more, but too often she responds 'Sorry O Great One, but I don't understand. Show mercy in the face of my inadequateness."
    sgchick likes this.
    01-02-2017 07:49 PM
    The extent of my Siri use on my watch is to instruct him set a timer.
    That's pretty much it for me as well.
    mumfoau likes this.
    01-02-2017 09:14 PM
    I use Siri on my watch for everything. Messaging, nav, reminders, grocery list, HomeKit, weather, timers, alarms, music podcasts

It's slow when my phone isn't nearby but it's very handy
    sgchick and Mac Guy like this.
    01-03-2017 05:52 PM
    Always I use it for setting timers, or to remind me of something.
    +1
    sgchick likes this.
    01-04-2017 05:39 PM
    Yes, I use Siri on the watch. Actually, more than I expected to.
    sgchick likes this.
    01-17-2017 01:10 PM
55 123