How's the battery life holding up on your Apple Watch Series 2?

So far for me, I get a good 2.5 days on a charge, but I usually charge it at the end of day 2. Honestly it's a bit more than I want to charge (am used to a 3-5 day cycle with Fitbit), but not a huge deal.
    11-01-2016 11:08 AM
    I charge mine daily by putting it on my bedside cabinet and making use of nightstand mode. It's 6pm here and I've got 76% left (no use of bluetooth music or GPS today) so I think I'd get 2 days if I was away and forgot the charger but 3 would be pushing it. On one hand I've come from a Garmin where a weekly charge was plenty so it's much worse than that but given that I was expecting only a single day charge out of it, it's much better than I expected
    sgchick likes this.
    11-01-2016 12:55 PM
    Kinda my thoughts too. For some reason I was expecting a daily charge. Nice to have the option for at least 2 days if needed. I suspect when the weather is nicer and I start using the GPS heavily for outdoor workouts, daily charges will be the norm.
    11-01-2016 12:58 PM
    After a half hour run on Sunday morning, with music, it had only used about 10% battery so unless you're tracking long activities I think 2 day battery life will still be possible for many people
    11-01-2016 01:04 PM

So far for me, I get a good 2.5 days on a charge, but I usually charge it at the end of day 2. Honestly it's a bit more than I want to charge (am used to a 3-5 day cycle with Fitbit), but not a huge deal.
    Mine is holding up pretty well. Currently on the 2nd day and still has a solid charge. Use it throughout the day, I'm not what you would call a heavy user by any means but I get a good amount of notifications so holding up well.
    11-01-2016 04:42 PM

Im happy with that. Not having to charge something every night is already ticking one box. Obviously, the main goal is to charge something once a week. But we will get there in time
    11-02-2016 02:37 AM
    How many hours does it last when using it on a gym
    11-06-2016 03:18 AM
    How many hours does it last when using it on a gym?
    11-06-2016 03:19 AM
    How many hours does it last when using it on a gym
    Sorry I don't understand, on a gym what?
    11-06-2016 09:35 AM
    Not sure what he meant either... but if it helps, I do at least half an hour a day on the treadmill. Nice brisk jog. The watch lasts me through two days, I usually charge it every other night.
    11-23-2016 01:41 PM
    I usually take mines off the charger around 7 AM and it's around 30% by the time I go to sleep around 12-2AM. Today I took it off at 9 AM and it's currently at 75% around 6:45 pm
    11-24-2016 05:47 PM
    After a half hour run on Sunday morning, with music, it had only used about 10% battery so unless you're tracking long activities I think 2 day battery life will still be possible for many people
    Mine would be dead by mid morning the 2nd day
    11-24-2016 05:48 PM
    The mrore you let you Watches run low, the quicker it uses up battery cycles. I try not to let mine drop below 50% or more. Apple has often replaced computer and phone batteries outside of warranty when they fail to charge but have a low cycle count, at no cost to the owner. I don't know about watches.

I wish there was an app like coconutBattery for the Watch. The latest version also supports iOS devices when their plugged into a computer.

coconutBattery 3.4 - by coconut-flavour.com
    11-24-2016 06:52 PM
    The mrore you let you Watches run low, the quicker it uses up battery cycles. I try not to let mine drop below 50% or more. Apple has often replaced computer and phone batteries outside of warranty when they fail to charge but have a low cycle count, at no cost to the owner. I don't know about watches.

I wish there was an app like coconutBattery for the Watch. The latest version also supports iOS devices when their plugged into a computer.

coconutBattery 3.4 - by coconut-flavour.com
    Doesn't really matter.... And if it does dies than i have Apple care plus
    11-24-2016 07:26 PM
    1-2 day battery life is already awesome by smartwatches standard, given that the Apple watch can do more than fitness tracking - a lot more apps and capabilities
    11-24-2016 10:17 PM
    At this stage there's so much on the net about how to maximise battery life, 90% of which was never true, or used to be true but is no longer, that I just use my devices and don't think to deeply about it. I could spend the next 12 months following some advice only to find out that I've been wasting my time as the advice was wrong. The only thing I do is try to avoid letting my devices get so low that they power off. I figure that the battery will be fine for a couple of years and by then there'll be a newer watch that I'll probably want anyway.
    11-25-2016 12:14 PM
    At this stage there's so much on the net about how to maximise battery life, 90% of which was never true, or used to be true but is no longer, that I just use my devices and don't think to deeply about it.
    Unfortunately, drilling through battery cycles is still a real thing. It'll be interesting to see the Watches battery life spans and use cases.

To that end, I'll still try to keep the battery from discharging below 50%. It's convenient for me to charge every night. When I can get two days use and be at 50% or above, then I'll charge every other day.
    11-25-2016 02:36 PM
    As it is a typical day for me will be a 30 minute run using watch GPS, maybe track a second non-GPS workout that will use the HR monitor plus other use and I tend to get to the end of the day above 50% and I do take the watch off and charge it. That said, days when I use more GPS I'm not going to sweat about it.

It seems to me that whatever you do with devices like phones and watches you're into borrowed time after about 2 years when they get heavy daily use. My iPhone 6 has just gone over 2 years (bought on launch day) and the battery life has fallen off a cliff lately to the point that I'm going to see about a new battery for it next time in town (maybe this weekend). My iPhone 4S was fairly similar.
    11-25-2016 04:04 PM
    Two whole days. No question. Sometimes three.
    11-27-2016 04:56 AM
    I was going away this weekend and I took it off the charger at 9am Friday. It went back on the charger at 1pm on Sunday. It was still at 24% charge. Pretty solid in my book as normally I charge it every night.
    11-27-2016 05:49 PM
    I left Thursday morning at 10:00 to go out of town. It came off the charger then. I took a screen shot this afternoon (Sunday) as I was pulling into my driveway. Still 28% left. I'd say that's pretty impressive. (FYI: I turned it off each night around 10:00 and turned it back on in the morning.)
    11-27-2016 09:26 PM
    Off charger: 645am
    Exercise: 120 minutes (90 minutes with iPhone and 30 minutes using GPS)
    Back on charger: 1030pm
    Battery: 56%
    Mac Guy likes this.
    11-27-2016 10:31 PM
    Off charger: 645am
    Exercise: 120 minutes (90 minutes with iPhone and 30 minutes using GPS)
    Back on charger: 1030pm
    Battery: 56%
    For the amount of exercise (wow - excellent) to still be over 50% is not bad I'd say.
    11-29-2016 09:19 AM
    Exercise: 120 minutes
    I'm doing a variation of that— The M&M Challenge. I see if I can eat just ONE M&M a minute for 120 minutes while trying to limit the challenge to just 120 minutes.

A failure in either metric means I have to start again.
    11-29-2016 06:25 PM
    I'm doing a variation of that— The M&M Challenge. I see if I can eat just ONE M&M a minute for 120 minutes while trying to limit the challenge to just 120 minutes.

A failure in either metric means I have to start again.
    As you build endurance, you could add 12oz curls.
    11-30-2016 03:21 PM
28 12