Now that many of you have been wearing your Series 2 for some time (lucky!), was wondering how the watch was holding up? Any scuffs or dings? New processor performing great? How's the waterproofing? GPS? Let me know so I know what to expect when mine arrives
    10-18-2016 12:00 PM
    My S2 is the Gold Aluminum. There are no scratches or dings. I've worn watches for years and am pretty good about not slamming them around. One way I've accomplished this to take it off when I know I'm going to be in a hostile environment (unless it's a 'work' watch and is needed).

So it's early days but I don't expect much if anything in the way of dings. My feeling is the Aluminum Watches' texture won't get or show minor scratches like the Stainless Steel Siblings.

I will never put a case on any Stainless Apple Watch I may own. After one week my SSAW has more fine hairline scratches than—well, it ever had in over a year prior. And that was none!
    10-18-2016 03:43 PM
    After a couple weeks wearing my aluminum  watch 2 everything is great. Slammed the screen a couple times and nothing. Wore it on vacation where i was In the pool everyday and nothing. Battery lasts all day and then some. Gps is accurate as far as I can tell. Tracked location on a 4 mile hike to devils bridge in Sedona Arizona well.
    10-18-2016 09:03 PM
    Tracked location on a 4 mile hike to devils bridge in Sedona Arizona well.
    Is it Vortex resistant?
    10-19-2016 10:31 AM
    Vortex resistance might be hard to achieve?
    10-19-2016 10:39 AM
    Are you saying vortex resistance is— futile?
    10-19-2016 11:24 AM
    i have a scratch on my screen... tiny, but there. AWS2 gold aluminum. I wear it all the time and battery is amazing. Way better than the original
    my original apple watch had the same scratches on the screen so i was ready to see them.
    10-20-2016 12:53 PM
    There are screen protectors for the Apple Watch. I'd look into that.
    10-20-2016 03:32 PM
    I got mine 3 weeks ago to. No dings or scratches. I use it in the shower often. No issues.
    10-20-2016 05:17 PM
    Thus far, all good. However, I do which when I used the screen, it didn't leave streaks. But, that's a personal issue (can't stand it on my iPhone, either)...
    10-25-2016 12:20 PM
    I've been wearing my AWS2 since launch and no scratches. With yesterday's public release of the watchOS battery life is now amazing. Took off charger this morning at 6 am, used all day at work and have 74% battery left at 6:45pm.
    10-25-2016 05:48 PM
    I've been wearing my AWS2 since launch and no scratches. With yesterday's public release of the watchOS battery life is now amazing. Took off charger this morning at 6 am, used all day at work and have 74% battery left at 6:45pm.
    I have around 70% when I head to bed around 10pm. I want to download a sleep app but I'm afraid the Watch will die on me the next day at work. I guess that's more of a weekend experiment, but the true test would be during the week and working.
    10-25-2016 09:00 PM
    Took off charger this morning at 6 am, used all day at work and have 74% battery left at 6:45pm.
    That's some pretty decent battery life!

I want to download a sleep app but I'm afraid the Watch will die on me the next day at work.
    My unscientific opinion is that Wake on Wrist Raise is probably what taxes the battery the most during sleep. Do you wear it while sleeping, now? I used Sleep++ ( because it was the only AW sleep app at the time, with my Apple Watch. I charged the Watch while preparing to retire for the evening, and then again in the morning, while getting ready to start the day. Only occasionally did I feel the need to put it on the charger during the day.

While I've always like watches since I was a kid, and feel naked without one, I could put it on the charger an hour or so before bed so it has 100%, and then top off in the morning, for the day ahead.
    10-26-2016 10:57 AM
    That's interesting. So you always sleep with it on and top off late evening/early morning?
    11-29-2016 09:21 AM
    I don't wear a watch at night anymore, but that's what I did.

Because the Watch didn't get really low, topping it off twice didn't take much time at all, unlike letting it run low then charging it up.
    11-29-2016 11:46 PM
    I have banged the watch face and even had the dog's tooth come down on it - it's super strong. No blemishes at all on the screen. Battery life continues to be solid. Still really happy with the purchase and I wear it daily.
    11-30-2016 10:10 AM
    I have banged the watch face and even had the dog's tooth come down on it - it's super strong. No blemishes at all on the screen. Battery life continues to be solid. Still really happy with the purchase and I wear it daily.
    Good to hear. Next time I visit my brother and play with his new puppy, I'll know those little teeth won't damage the display
    12-02-2016 03:45 PM
    ...funny how now I can't leave home without my Apple Watch 2, 42mm Stainless Steel Space Black (or is it Grey?)...
    12-03-2016 08:56 PM
    ...funny how now I can't leave home without my Apple Watch 2, 42mm Stainless Steel Space Black (or is it Grey?)...
    Pretty much the same with me. However, I now occasionally leave my phone behind! In watchOS 3.x I'd like a toggle that would Taptic me when the phone is out of range. Another toggle and I could choose an OOR alert for just BT or BT and WiFi. Since I can do Apple Pay without the phone, sometimes I don't bother to go back for it.
    12-05-2016 06:00 PM
    I think a OOR alert would be a great addition...

Pretty much the same with me. However, I now occasionally leave my phone behind! In watchOS 3.x I'd like a toggle that would Taptic me when the phone is out of range. Another toggle and I could choose an OOR alert for just BT or BT and WiFi. Since I can do Apple Pay without the phone, sometimes I don't bother to go back for it.
    12-06-2016 05:44 AM
    I've gone from traditional watches where some are decades old so holding up has a different meaning here. Overall I'm satisfied and the recent software update seems to have the watch crashing less.

I have a sleeve or coat covering the watch in winter. I'll probably buy a protective case for summer because my MTB riding (crashing) and trail building have scratched other watches.
    02-03-2017 07:00 AM
    Same situation here in Winter. The watch is always covered by my winter jacket. Still, in summer I won't cover or protect it, I typically run my gear 'naked'
    02-03-2017 09:56 AM
    My brother recommended armorsuit screen protector. If you have a scratch on the face, after you apply it, you won't see it. This is true because I can't see the tiny scratch I got on mine. It had saddened me because my Samsung has never scratched. Also if you get a scratch after the installation it will disappear ! I got mine off ebay for 6 bucks. Two pack and not all that difficult to install it. Want to do it at night though because you want it to set overnight. I highly recommend. We are investing money in a fine product. Take care of it
    02-19-2017 10:29 AM