I just got my Series 2 watch (space black aluminum, 38mm, black nylon) and I feel like a fish out of water. I had a Samsung Gear s2 with my last phone and I lived it. But now I'm just like....omg what do I do. I am familiar with iOS, iPhone, mac, so I don't understand why I feel so lost with this Watch!
I am debating on returning it for the 42mm but the wait for that is a couple weeks which sucks. I love the nylon band, I want the pink one that Best Buy says is coming soon!!
Anyways, any tips at all??
- 10-12-2016, 08:38 PM #2
Welcome to iMore! I can understand why you feel lost. watchOS is way different than iOS and macOS. The best advice I can give you is to play around with it and give it a little time. You'll find your groove. To help start that process you can download the Apple Watch User Guide from iBooks. Follow the link below.
Apple Watch User Guide by Apple Inc.
Feel free to ask any questions that come to mind!
- 10-12-2016, 11:58 PM #3
- 10-13-2016, 12:10 AM #4
- 10-13-2016, 01:24 PM #6
- 10-13-2016, 07:21 PM #8
- 10-13-2016, 07:27 PM #9
Congrats on the new watch! I'm sure if you stick with it and get used to it you'll find it works well
Here are some iMore guides. Some might be more for watchOS 2 but most is the same, with a few exceptions:
- How to set up and use your Apple Watch: The ultimate guide | iMore (the biggest change from watchOS 2 is how the side button, not the digital crown, works)
- watchOS 3 review: A big roll in the right direction | iMore
- 10-19-2016, 11:42 AM #10
- 10-19-2016, 12:19 PM #11
Once you've got one function down, pick another. You'll learn your way around the Watch very quickly.
So far I am loving it!! But I think I want the 42mm instead. Unfortunately it's not in stock anywhere around me (go figure). I can order it and it will be delivered around the end of November, beginning of December. Now my question is, would the series 1 survive a dunk into a river? I go kayaking a lot in the summer, which was partially the reasoning for series 2.
- 10-24-2016, 11:00 AM #13
But if you spend a lot of time on and maybe in the water, I'd go with the S2. Piece of mind, and GPS is a nice perk.
- 10-24-2016, 12:03 PM #15
- 10-24-2016, 12:46 PM #16
- By PDXMatt in forum iPhone 7 PlusReplies: 50Last Post: 09-28-2016, 08:40 AM
- By tony bag o donuts in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-20-2016, 08:39 AM
- By Travlur in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 9Last Post: 08-16-2016, 06:58 AM
- By linearflux in forum IntroductionsReplies: 10Last Post: 08-08-2016, 04:01 PM
- By katie1892 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 14Last Post: 08-08-2016, 03:48 PM