Anyone else here either have or are getting multiple watches?

todddammit

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Know it's a bit self-indulgent but I just picked up an Apple Watch Series 1 space gray as well as a Series 2 stainless steel black. Don't need the GPS or waterproofing features of the Series 2 but love the look of the stainless steel black.

My logical side (and wallet) says to pick one and return the other but thinking I'll keep the Series 1 for exercising/casual wear and the Series 2 for work and other events where the stainless steel is a classier look. Already loaded up on 3rd party watches from Amazon (Mifa black classic buckle band/V-Moro black leather cuff band/OULUOQI Milanese and black stainless steel bands/Valuebuy black nylon band) as well.

Anyone else here own multiple watches? If so, what versions and what are your reasons/uses?

Yeah I'm probably looking for more justifications to keep both! ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I own numerous "watches", but only one "smart watch". Having said that, ever since I received my Watch, I've yet to wear any of my other watches.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I own numerous "watches", but only one "smart watch". Having said that, ever since I received my Watch, I've yet to wear any of my other watches.

I wore a regular watch for a few days...while my Apple Watch was being repaired.

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a thought. Isvit possible to buy 2 Apple Watches and switch between the 2 under same account?

Sine both will be logged into same iCloud account, can both watches be managed in a week?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else here own multiple watches? If so, what versions and what are your reasons/uses?

I do. I have:

Apple Watch Series 2 Aluminum Gold
Apple Watch Stainless Steel
Apple Watch Sport Space Gray
Apple Watch Sport Gold

I got the Apple Watches in different styles for- fashion reasons. Not that I'm a fashion plate kind of guy, just that some occasions might call for a different look. So along with the different case colors and texture, I can swap out the bands to appropriately accessorize. :) Watches are the only form of jewelry I wear, and all are elegantly bling free.

I got the Series 2 because I wanted a brighter screen and faster processor, and the GPS might be useful one day. Also, there was an option with a brown (Cocoa) band and I want one.

As it turned out, I've yet to notice the speed improvement of the S2.. It may be faster in some respects but so far it hasn't revealed it. Outdoors I notice no increase in brightness. None indoors for that matter. I haven't done a side-by-side comparison yet. But since I need that to confirm any brightness increase, the 1000nit vs 450nit brightness is not significant.

This leaves the GPS. I'm not a runner, so I don't have a primary need for it. When I get around to using it, I may think "Wow, this was the killer app!". Or not.

My next Watch will either be a Series 1 Space Gray or a Nike (just because I like the look).

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

I currently own an S0 space black stainless steel. I have an S2 Nike+ that will be here in "late October." My justification is that the Nike+ will be my running and swimming watch (looking forward to NOT carrying a phone when I run). The SS will be my dress watch. There will likely be many days where I wear both.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Isvit possible to buy 2 Apple Watches and switch between the 2 under same account?

Yes, I do this all the time. It's called Auto Switch and you turn it on in the Watch App on your phone. All your Watches are paired and the phone connects to whatever Watch is awake. It can only connect to one Watch at a time.

I bought me second Watch before the Auto Switch feature was added to the OS (2.2?). I had to pair and unpair the Watches each time, and it was a pain, especially prior to S1/S2 upgrades. (I don't have an S1, just an S2.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have three  watches. I have the Series 0 Sport, Series 0 SS and now the Series 2 SS. All 42mm.

The Sport is my test device that I initially install beta OS's on, the S0 SS is my secondary watch and I was thinking of using that to do things that might scratch the watch (yard work, etc) Since you can pair more than watch that should not be an issue. My s2 SS is my new daily driver.

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the base space grey with black band Series 2, but would definitely consider another depending on how much I like it.

My only Apple Watch experience was way back with the initial watchOS. I have a feeling watchOS 3 is much, MUCH better, and with the improved hardware, should be solid.

todddammit

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I actually just returned the Series 2 black stainless steel and am back to just the Series 1 space gray. Was surprised by how little of a difference there was in looks between the two watches...to me, the band I wear with the watch makes more of a difference in how it looks than the watch itself. I don't need the GPS and waterproofing features of the Series 2 anyways plus my wallet liked the decision to save close to $700 (watch and the $49 AppleCare).

May opt for a Series 1 silver aluminum to have a different look but that means getting more 3rd party bands which has become my new addiction! Finding some great stuff on Amazon and also just got the modern build band from Nomad which looks so nice but that's a conversation for another thread.

doc16mom

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I thought it was just me who had multiple apple watches. I have a Hermes series 2, a sport gold series 2 and a original sport rose gold . I'm thinking about selling my rose gold sport. I find a difference in the speed and crispness of the screen with series 2. I have multiple other watches but only seem to wear my Apple watches.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I have multiple other watches but only seem to wear my Apple watches.

I feel ya. My mechs languish. A few of them need sunlight and they aren't getting it. They're all great looking watches, but utility and style have me putting on an Apple Watch every time.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Samsung S2 and since compatible with Apple that was the "closer" for me to switch to Apple. I have the series 1 Apple Watch as well. Wear both but wearing the Apple Watch more

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I own over 50 watches. It's a thing. 30 alone are Swatch going back to 1988ish.

Only one  Watch though...so far. Heh.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nike+ S2. Gave my S0 to my MIL. I also have the original Pebble and Pebble Time. Using AW exclusively right now.